Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Follow up -

Evans is sending me new ones - not Bont. Bont CEO didn't even email back after his first response. He's on vaca right now by checking out his twitter and insta. So I sent Evans an email and shipped them back. They shipped a new pair back a few days later. I ordered the regular vapors to hold me over till the vaypor plus was sorted. they mold 1000000x easier than the vaypor plus. Like they become a wet noodle after 15 min in the oven vs 45 min with the plus model. however, the sizing is NOT the same. the regular vaypors are about 1/2 size smaller. Im going to have to push the toe box out a lot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Has anyone had any problems with the T-Nuts before?

I will be switching to another pedal system which requires some new cleats. Upon removing the parts of my Speedplays it looks like the T-nuts are just twisting to whichever direction I'm turning it to so it doesn't loosen and uncrew.

I don't know how to solve this issue admittedly. I asked Bont and just told me I need new T-Nuts, but how the hell do I remove the bolts and the nuts now?!

:?

shimmeD

by shimmeD

If you can't undo i.e. the T-nut is spinning, you need to hold the T-nut (from inside the shoe with, say, pliers). Then thread in your screw part way, and tap the head in. The T-nut should pop out loose towards the inside of your shoe. Unscrew.
On removal you can inspect the T-nuts and the shoe, then you can see whether you need new T-nuts.
Less is more.

bolizous

by bolizous

Just received my new Bont shoes and after molding them they are still a little large, would i loose the stiffness of the shoe by using an insole.

jano

by jano

bolizous wrote:Just received my new Bont shoes and after molding them they are still a little large, would i loose the stiffness of the shoe by using an insole.

The shoe will not lose stiffness if you use an insole.

Stueys

by Stueys

I've some new pairs of Vapour S at home to try and am struggling with heel lift at the moment. Looking at the shoes the heel cup is pretty much flat when compared to my spesh and sidi shoes. Is this something that moulding will help with? I'm wary of moulding the shoes whilst I can still send them back.

Gunjira

by Gunjira

The wire of my atop wheel snapped. Easy fix or should I contact bont?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Stueys wrote:I've some new pairs of Vapour S at home to try and am struggling with heel lift at the moment. Looking at the shoes the heel cup is pretty much flat when compared to my spesh and sidi shoes. Is this something that moulding will help with? I'm wary of moulding the shoes whilst I can still send them back.

The heel can be moulded to be snug.

Just use a hairdryer to heat the area and pinch the heel area against your heel and Achilles that feels loose after its heated and let it cool while you are wearing it.

Likewise for other areas that feel loose.

KWalker

by KWalker

I got Bonts and received both a left shoe and a right shoe- do I have to put each shoe on the respective foot or can I use them interchangeably? Can I mold it so I can use either shoe on either foot? They're also 2 sizes too small can I mold them to be bigger?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is tricky sometimes though when one foot is genuinly slightly wider than the other foot in random places, but yeah. I hear ya

Liggero

by Liggero

KWalker wrote:I got Bonts and received both a left shoe and a right shoe- do I have to put each shoe on the respective foot or can I use them interchangeably? Can I mold it so I can use either shoe on either foot? They're also 2 sizes too small can I mold them to be bigger?

this was a good one ;-D
Happy Trails !!!

maxxevv

by maxxevv

KWalker wrote:I got Bonts and received both a left shoe and a right shoe- do I have to put each shoe on the respective foot or can I use them interchangeably? Can I mold it so I can use either shoe on either foot? They're also 2 sizes too small can I mold them to be bigger?

If dressing up as Ronald Macdonald's is your part-time career, it would make a wonderful idea to swap your lefts with your rights, no forgetting of course to use red shoe polish/paint/dye on them first before putting them on. :thumbup: :lol: :beerchug:

Dirty32

by Dirty32

Hahahaha ^^^^!

VQ30DE

by VQ30DE

I have size 11.5 US feet, Morton's toe, and am having to send back a pair of Vaypor's I got on sale from the Bont cycling website. The sizing guide said I should be 45, which seemed too small, so I opted for 46. Should have gone with 46.5 or 47! Of note, the EU size 46 is listed as US size 11, which is in line with how these fit me. Only my 3rd and 4th toes seem to hit the end of the shoe hard because of the shape.

I am annoyed that there was no indication that Bont ships from China and how expensive shipping would be on the website. $25 shipping to me, plus probably at least that much to send back, plus $10 restocking. I will be out at least $60. Horrible. But I believe in the design--really am set on a cycling shoe with a wider toe box, not because I have wide or "high volume" feet, but because a wide toe box allows toes to spread normally instead of being cramped. Hard for me to believe that Bont is the only company making shoes like this in 2015.

I am looking at the Vaypor Plus from Wiggle. How is the sizing between the Vaypor and Vaypor+? If it's essentially the same I think I will go with 47, but if they changed the sizing at all I don't want to get a shoe that is way too big (there is a 46.5 too). Also, if anyone has tips for places to try Bont shoes in the US I'd appreciate it.
Using Tapatalk

stax

by stax

@VQ30DE- there is quite a bit more room in the Vaypor plus. They fit me right out the box but I had to heat the Vaypor 2 or 3 times. Both were size 47 and I wear US size 13.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com