Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beatle

by beatle

So, the other night I took the oven up to 215 F for 20 min. intervals. No worries on being too hot. I could probably go even a little higher. I even shoved a golf ball way up into the toe box and put them back in the oven. It opened things up a bit. Then I got out the heat gun but I was a bit timid with it.

Shoes feel great except right at the tips of my toes. I still am not liking the curving upward shape. Might be that I just have to get used to it? I thought maybe I need the next size up but I can wiggle my toes and so i may try the idea stated above: build up the height behind the toes so that the whole area has less of a gradient. I am not giving up as these shoes look the bees knees!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

Hello my experience with Bont is pretty good but i change my Vaypor classic size 45normal for Vaypor Sprint 45 Wide because i had some cramping by hot weather in my feet.
The VayporS feel really nice but they seems a bit longuer and i feel like it does not retain my ill as good as the one before, but i dont have anymore cramping so i assume i have to give it a go and probably get use to have a little bit more float in the shoes.

sungod

by sungod

TonyM wrote:How long do you heat them?
Is there any point I should be careful with this method?

i used a thermocouple probe to set the gun temperature, then heat the area plus a few cm each side until it is mouldable, with the heat gun it's easy to check with (gloved) fingers if it is softened

if you cannot do that then be careful, some heat guns can get far hotter, several hundred degrees is common, in this case i would try holding it further back from the shoe to allow cool air to mix in and shield the wider area of the shoe with aluminium foil (crinkled up, not smoothed against the shoe) - i used this method to adjust new shoes when i was away from home and found there was a powerful hairdryer in the place i was staying

beatle

by beatle

Coming around to thinking that these are just a tiny bit too short for me. They are size 45. I wear an 11 in US sizes. So I think that I need a 46. Might see these up for sale here or ebay soon. Would trade as well for 46 in white.

<so sad>

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Has anyone got any repair advice for scuff marks on the Durolite uppers that Bont use for the Vaypor S? Not that I'm precious or anything...

bllx

by bllx

Has anyone ordered and received non-stock bont shoes lately? In the end of February I asked my LBS to order a pair of wide zero+, and I was told it would take 8-12 weeks. Now, after about 12 weeks, my LBS tells me that the local distributor does not know if the shoes have been made or when they are to be made. "Wait 4 more weeks..."

seansis

by seansis

Hello.
I bought bont vaypor +
I was advised here for a size of 45, but I bought 46 to have a little more room. You knows, I'm generally happy, the foot does not move, BOA holds it well, but it has a room of 2mm. It would be interesting to experience a size of 45, but this model has already been sold.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

bllx wrote:Has anyone ordered and received non-stock bont shoes lately? In the end of February I asked my LBS to order a pair of wide zero+, and I was told it would take 8-12 weeks. Now, after about 12 weeks, my LBS tells me that the local distributor does not know if the shoes have been made or when they are to be made. "Wait 4 more weeks..."

Order direct from Bontcycling. They do ship international.

bllx

by bllx

maxxevv wrote:
bllx wrote:Has anyone ordered and received non-stock bont shoes lately? In the end of February I asked my LBS to order a pair of wide zero+, and I was told it would take 8-12 weeks. Now, after about 12 weeks, my LBS tells me that the local distributor does not know if the shoes have been made or when they are to be made. "Wait 4 more weeks..."

Order direct from Bontcycling. They do ship international.

They do, but the import duty+tax would probably make the shoes ~30% more expensive than what my LBS offered me. And it would still take 4-6 weeks according to the mail contact I have had with Bont. On the other hand, Bont says that they can offer 4-hole sole if I order directly from them (something that the local distributor claimed was not possible).

Have anyone had a 4-hole Bont shoe? How much does it decrease stack? I have a pair of 4-hole SIDIs, and they have a lot of extra material on the sole to get the mount flat. Thus the SIDIs still have significantly higher stack than my Bont vaypor S with speedplay adapter.

boots2000

by boots2000

I just received a pair of Vapor G- so they are available in USA.

wjs wrote:Anyone an idea when the vaypor g will become available? Dropped bony few emails but no response so far. Saw a new picture of this shoe on their instagram a few weeks ago.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

beatle

by beatle

Bont is showing a "new" zero + for 2017. No weight is listed though. I really like these better than the giro slx empire, but the empire beats the zero + for weight.

Anyone?

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

^^^ Bont's new and original Zeros look absolutely fantastic.

So everyone knows, Bont is blowing out some of their older models on their website for cheap (not the Zero, but I digress). I put in an order just a few days ago for a pair of their original B&W Vaypors and rec'd them today.

They shipped directly to me from China, which must be their mtg'ing site - right? They look every bit the same as my last pair. They seem to weigh the same, too. My old, worn-out pair of Vaypors are in storage so I can't so a side-by-side eval quite yet. Stay tuned.

http://shop.bontcycling.com/epages/Bont ... s/Closeout

beatle

by beatle

Bont responded to my email about the weight of the new Bont zero +. They stated no change for the 2017 model.

beatle

by beatle

Another note: I weighed the left bont zero + and it came in at 269.3 grams.

ipaul

by ipaul

Hi trying to decide between the new Vaypor+ vs the Vaypor S. I've tried a 42 in the + and over all fit feels pretty good but debating if I should expect any improvement if I order the S? Is there anything in regards to fit I should be advised on? Is one narrower vs other? Better retention with the cross over tongue? Thanks
:P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com