Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liketoride

by liketoride

Can anyone put those on the scale for me please? i am looking for a size 45 or anything close. thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iamalex

by iamalex

HAKS - Regarding the ATOP/BOA dials, thanks for your feedback. I've only spent a day riding with my new Vaypor+ but the ATOP dials do not seem particularly elegant.

Quick thanks to everyone else in the thread for advice on moulding. I wore thick socks and padded out tight areas with cardboard - a couple moulding attempts so far have worked very well. I've used my Fizik 3D flex innersoles for some added arch support. Going to have another go moulding the arch of the shoes for even more support.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

Does anyone know of a dealer in USA that carries wide models, preferably the Vaypor? I've tried to find a shop but they all say they have to order them and all sales are final.

SigmaSport

by SigmaSport

First look at the new Bont Vaypor Classic :D

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Mmmm, I like it but...

Gotta wonder if laces are worth the hassle. Velcro is just so fast and plenty secure. If they are indeed more secure, is it really necessary?

I think the Zero+ and maybe the Vaypor+ are still better in my eyes.

tomtom

by tomtom

looking good! Although the laces doesn't seem handy (especially when wet or loose).
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

danbjpa

by danbjpa

@ Bont facebook. Claimed sub 250g for size 42. Looks good

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

man bonts are looking worse and worse by the day. If i were to own a pair, vaypors look the best

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I like the original Vaypors best too. I want a pair of fluo yellow or green.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Well, for a change, these will "breathe" better in really warm weather.

boysa

by boysa

They also look as if they would eliminate the one problem I have with my Vaypors: Where the ratchet buckle cinches, it creates some overlap and pinches the side of my foot. I don't see these having the same issue.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

AGW

by AGW

OK, I might be buying a pair of A-3s online in the next 24 hours. The bont size wizard has given me two different sizes depending on which one I use (0.5 size difference between their online store and their product page). There's a shop not far from that stock Riots and Vaypors. Are either of these true to A-3/A-1/CTT-1 sizing? If not, I'll just have faith and exchange them as needed.

limniki

by limniki

I have been using Bonts for about 6 months. Honestly, when I purchased them I thought they were Bontrager. After putting them on, it was the most wonderful feeling, they fit perfect. Riding shoes are very personal, and the Bont Vaypor is moldable and you can shape them to your foot. I would make sure the size is right as they measure European sizes. I wear a 9 shoe, the size from Bont was 43, fit perfect. I recommend Bont Shoes.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

+1 above for sizing... For regular shoes, I wear size 8.5-9 USA and either 42.5-43 Euro. My Bonts are 42.5 and fit great, but I did have to make a bit more room at the end of the toe box so a couple of my oddball toes wouldn't hit it. I'd like to try a 43 again, but suspect 42.5 is still best for me.

For another size comparison, I wear size 42.5 Speci S-Works Trail shoes (2012 or '13 model). They feel like they're the right size for me, but are definitely roomier than my Bonts.

I also wanted to take this opportunity (again) to say that my 2010-'11 Bont Vaypors (synthetic) continue to hold up exceptionally well. After 3.5 seasons as my only road shoes, they still look and feel like a million bucks. At worst, they sometimes quietly squeak in cold / humid conditions. They may not be one the lightest things out there anymore, but they're still tops in my book. Here's a couple of pics from this evening.

ph

by ph

Photo from cyclingtips Eurobike coverage. What is the model on the right? I don't think it is the Zero+ without the cover. The upper closure in the pic looks almost like the Vapor closure with a dial rather than ratchet.
Attachments
which bont is this.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com