Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gummee

by gummee

@Stefano: I'm in the same boat. Measured according to Bont's destructions and I'm a 41 in their sizing. I'm pretty much a 43 in Shimano or 43.5 in Sidi, so it worries me.

I have 2 pair of Bonts now, neither one is right (got both used and I don't even remember what size they were supposed to be!) one's too long and one's the right size length-wise, but the cleats can't go quite far enough back.

Grrr

M

stax

by stax

i also used the online measurement thing and it suggested size 47- the same as i wear in sidi. i recently received a pair of vaypor size 47 and they fit very well after one heat moulding. one foot was a little tight before doing so. the toe room in them is fantastic and the sole is incredibly stiff. great shoes so far.
the right shoe was 284g and the left 280g including stock insoles at 18g each.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Velofreak

by Velofreak

Those bont riot are announced at just 99 british pounds!!!! amazing. No more sidi's for me!!! :D :D :D

Stefano

by Stefano

Alright, I guess that I'm gonna be buying two shoes then: my sidi size and my 'bont' suggested size. Return the one that doesn't fit. Bingo :)

Thanks for the input guys!

Stefano

by 113245

Honestly I would just go with the bont website measurement. If you're right on edge, get a bigger size if you like a little bit of a looser feeling. My foot is 261mm long and I got a size 41 (259mm) and it fits perfectly. That mm size they give is exactly how long of a foot can fit in there without being squished so its pretty straightforward.

Shinobi

by Shinobi

Stefano wrote:Alright, I guess that I'm gonna be buying two shoes then: my sidi size and my 'bont' suggested size. Return the one that doesn't fit. Bingo :)Stefano

Just be careful because you will most likely need to heat mold them to make them fit. They can be extremely tight in all the wrong places when you wear them out of the box. I'm not sure if you will be able to return them after you heat mold them, so focus on the length of the shoe/size of toe box rather than the fit.

AGW

by AGW

The Riot's sole. Dapper.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

If Bont can get more dealers in the US and other countries the RIOT may be able to get a ton of people the benefits of the Bont shape. It's a heck of a shoe for the price. Then when they need new ones they may consider to top of the line vaypor or custom order as they know their size.

AGW

by AGW

Getting the best bang for my cycling buck is very important to me, so I very much appreciate companies like Bont trickling down the important features as they have here.

LardLover

by LardLover

@Stefano

I am also a 45 in Sidi's. I used Bont's online calculator and they suggested a 45. When I received them and tried them on they were much too tight (too short in the length). I've ended up in a 46 in Bont Vapors.

Bloody hell, just noticed those Bont Riot. Wished they were available when I ordered my Vapor's - I don't think I would have bothered with the Vapor's if they were.
Schnice :cool:

metanoize

by metanoize

Bont doesn't seem interested in selling me some shoes. I've emailed them twice, I've not gotten a reply to whether they have any dealers in San Francisco. The dealer map on their website doesn't seem to work for the US at all!

AGW

by AGW

Odd, it works for me. Evidently there are several dealers in Tucson... who knew?

For SF: BESPOKE CYCLES
4100 24th St
San Francisco, CA
US
http://www.bespokecyclessf.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1(1415) 642-5652

Liggero

by Liggero

seems like bont is getting more and more famous, but stock is not enough for the demand. The new riot will make them expand even more. Hopefully soon stock issues will be solved.
Happy Trails !!!

Wookieopolis

by Wookieopolis

Pegasus Bicycle Works in Danville is also a Bont dealer if you are in the east bay.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shinobi

by Shinobi

metanoize wrote:Bont doesn't seem interested in selling me some shoes. I've emailed them twice, I've not gotten a reply to whether they have any dealers in San Francisco. The dealer map on their website doesn't seem to work for the US at all!

Try using Chrome. It didn't work for me for Firefox or IE.