Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rst72

by rst72

I have worn the Vaypor, Vaypor+ and now the Vaypor S.

I had the opposite experience with the Vaypor +...the arch was TOO high and i could not mold it out...sold them. The Vaypor S to me is flatter. The shoe is VERY comfortable...best of the Vaypor bunch. However, on me, the outer edge on my right shoe (i guess that foot is a tad wider) rubs quite a bit in one small spot to the point where I am waiting for a pair of Shimano RP9 now (think I prefer velcro in the long run over Boa). I LOVE the Vaypor S, but i can't mold the edge out to correct.

The S holds my heals just fine and yes, the sizing is a bit different that the other Vaypors by a few mm.

Greg66

by Greg66

I picked up the last pair of Bont Riot TRs in the UK in my size.

It turns out that 150F (the temp you are supposed to hear them at to mild the footbed) is nowhere near as hot as 150C.

The smell stank the kitchen out. The soft Velcro was scorched to orangey brown. And the glue between the upper and the sole softened so much that tightening them pulled the upper and the sole apart.

I might as well have put £100 on a bonfire.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemeseri

by nemeseri

rst72 wrote:I have worn the Vaypor, Vaypor+ and now the Vaypor S.

I had the opposite experience with the Vaypor +...the arch was TOO high and i could not mold it out...sold them. The Vaypor S to me is flatter. The shoe is VERY comfortable...best of the Vaypor bunch. However, on me, the outer edge on my right shoe (i guess that foot is a tad wider) rubs quite a bit in one small spot to the point where I am waiting for a pair of Shimano RP9 now (think I prefer velcro in the long run over Boa). I LOVE the Vaypor S, but i can't mold the edge out to correct.

The S holds my heals just fine and yes, the sizing is a bit different that the other Vaypors by a few mm.

If the standard vaypor fits me perfectly in 42. Which size should I order from the Vaypor S? The fit wizard recommends 42.5 (right in the middle of that size). The sizing chart on merlin shows that the length of the 42 is 260mm and my feet is 257-258mm long.

Also I heard that Bont discontinues the original Vaypor. That's the only reason I'm considering the S over it.

rst72

by rst72

I would say the 42.5...only 2mm longer than the 42 in vaypor.

42 in the S would be 3 mm shorter.

I wore a 44.5 in vaypor and got a 45 in the S...not much bigger and room for winter socks.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

rst72 wrote:I would say the 42.5...only 2mm longer than the 42 in vaypor.

I wore a 44.5 in vaypor and got a 45 in the S...not much bigger and room for winter socks.

Thanks. I think I will give it a try... My only fear is that the vaypor will run out of stock if the S turns out to be a different fit.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

nemeseri wrote:
rst72 wrote:I would say the 42.5...only 2mm longer than the 42 in vaypor.

Thanks. I think I will give it a try... My only fear is that the vaypor will run out of stock if the S turns out to be a different fit.

Can you order both and return the not required pair? I'm expecting 3 pair of Lakes this week and intend to return 2. My retailer is fine with that as I asked them the question directly.

Steve
BB

Coffee & carbon

thegunner

by thegunner

has anyone had any luck contacting them via email? i've had issues with the cleat bolts being loose and every single email has turned into a dead end...

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

I've owned Sidi Genius 6.6, Ergo2, Giro Prolight, Bont Zero, and Fizik R3B. Bonts are on a different level. Picked up two pairs of Zero+.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Am using the same size for vaypor S as my Vaypor plus. It seems a little longer and roomier. The bathtub carbon sole doesn't go up as high along the sides of the shoe anymore, which actually makes it a little more tricky when I tried to mould out the side for a foot protrusion. I've used lake carbon insoles in both so can't say much about how flat the original insoles are.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

DCnoJ wrote:Bonts are on a different level. Picked up two pairs of Zero+.

Your two pairs of Zero+ shoes look great... My plan was to grab a set of those to replace my orig Vaypors until I saw the new Vaypor S.

I've happily worn Vapor 42.5 for the past ~5yrs, but will move to 43 per Bont and what I've read here.

Problem is they just won't wear out! Even so, I plan to retire them the to trainer when I find a deal on a replacement set.

rst72

by rst72

Kayrehn wrote: The bathtub carbon sole doesn't go up as high along the sides of the shoe anymore, which actually makes it a little more tricky when I tried to mould out the side for a foot protrusion.

Yes...did not have this problem with the original Vaypor. It's become an issue for me with the S and I can't mold it out.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Kayrehn wrote:Am using the same size for vaypor S as my Vaypor plus. It seems a little longer and roomier. The bathtub carbon sole doesn't go up as high along the sides of the shoe anymore, which actually makes it a little more tricky when I tried to mould out the side for a foot protrusion. I've used lake carbon insoles in both so can't say much about how flat the original insoles are.

Oh. That makes me start worrying about the 42.5 Vaypor S. I tried on a Vaypor+ 42 and it didn't hold my feet at all. I could easily lift my heel. My size is 42 in the original Vaypor and 42.5 in the Blitz. Both held my feet perfectly, but the Vaypor+ was different.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

The Vaypor plus had heel slippage problems for me too but they solved it somehow, not sure what changed for vaypor S but it's not something that happens with these now.

calvin

by calvin

I feel more comfortable in Vaypor S than i was in Vaypor +
FXKalvis15 code at @montonsports

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Kayrehn wrote:The Vaypor plus had heel slippage problems for me too but they solved it somehow, not sure what changed for vaypor S but it's not something that happens with these now.

Thank you for this comment! Best news ever!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com