Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Wondering iof anyone has any experiences that can help.

Looking at comparing teh Buckle/velco version of the Vaypor vs the 2016 version of the Riot (buckle one, not the latest Boa version).

They look very similar and am wondering if the the latest but one Riot is a current version of the older Vaypor (especially in terms of the last).

I have a pair of Vaypor's that fit really well, and am tossing up whether to buy a new pair of Vaypor (as in NOS) or go for the current buckle version of the Riot.

Any experience or observations ?

seansis

by seansis

Hello.

Tell me, what is the difference Bont vaypor s from Bont vaypor plus (not 2016 version)?
Or they differ only in appearance?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wjs

by wjs

Does anybody know if and when the new Vaypor G with the boa dials will become available for the public?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

ajmit3

by ajmit3

If it helps anyone I am 42 in Sidi but 43 in Bont for Bitzs. I think the guy who talked about a heat gun was onto something.

The heat moulding process is not good for impatient people. I have put the oven up to 90 C, I can't seem to mold them. I have got a rubber hammer out....

sungod

by sungod

i used this one...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trueshopping®-Performance-Variable-Settings-Accessories/dp/B00GYJ3KEO

...set the temperature to c. 100 and it's great

i also tried a hairdryer when i wanted to adjust slightly on holiday, compared to the heatgun it wasn't as good (i was nervous of overheating) but it still worked

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Sorry another bit of Spam.

Thanks Sungod... I think I'm done with oven heat moulding and will give up on these. I turned mine up 90 C for 30 mins for the Blitzs and didn't get much of a result. I would advise people to use a heat gun instead.

Going back to SIDI !

Ps not affliated with them but Merlin Cycles have cheap cheap bont blitzs below wholesale I think

1415chris

by 1415chris

Fort those weight conscious
First two size 48, black 47

ImageImageImage

For comparison, both 47

ImageImage

And RC9

Image2016-11-21_05-58-17 by 1415chris, on Flickr

ipaul

by ipaul

Trying on a pair of last years Riots and there's pressure on the inside of my foot from what appears to be due to the lateral forefoot support feature (tub). Does this area become adjustable when heat molded? Working between a 41 and 42,. The 41 fit is nice throughout but toe length may be too short as toe is hitting. Given no 41.5' can the toes be stretched? Or stick with the 42's.
Thanks for the help. New to Bonts but they definitely have peaked my interest.
:P

tlmsal

by tlmsal

Anyone have experience with the vaypor s vs the vaypor? I had the original vaypors and they were a little to harsh for me

maxxevv

by maxxevv

The overall sole profile of the Vaypor S is flatter. The arch support isn't so pronounced as compared to the original vaypor.
Generally a better fit for me due to my low arch feet.

The original BONT insoles are too thin for me. I changed to a Shimano one. Damps out a lot of the "chatter" and vibration I used to feel with the original Vaypor ( not S) insoles. But this is only viable if you have enough wriggle room for your toes as these insoles are thicker. So do take note.

glepore

by glepore

ipaul wrote:Trying on a pair of last years Riots and there's pressure on the inside of my foot from what appears to be due to the lateral forefoot support feature (tub). Does this area become adjustable when heat molded? Working between a 41 and 42,. The 41 fit is nice throughout but toe length may be too short as toe is hitting. Given no 41.5' can the toes be stretched? Or stick with the 42's.
Thanks for the help. New to Bonts but they definitely have peaked my interest.

Somewhat, responds better to localized heat from a heatgun and working with a screwdriver, as to most pressure spots.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

ipaul

by ipaul

Thanks, decided to go with 42's. Toe is hitting hard on the 41's and think I'm asking too much to extend the length. Hoping the bont design keeps the foot in place so the slightly extra room won't be noticed.

ipaul

by ipaul

OK, had a change of heart and went with the 41's. I typically use a 41.5 Sidi and comparing the insoles the lengths seem to be very similar. I also put some cleats on and when riding the toes seem fine.
Here's the issue I'm having. My inside right big toe bone is hitting what appears to be hard plastic (tub?). Is this piece moldable? I heated up the shoes but had no luck moving this ridge out. Its pretty painful when standing.

sungod

by sungod

if your toes hit the end in the 41 or have only a few mm clearance i would get the 42- you need enough room for feet swelling a bit on long hot rides or for winter in thick socks

assuming they mould the same as vaypor s...

if it's pressure only at the side, you may be able to fix it by heat moulding, you can ease the sides out a few mm at the toe box - but bear in mind that as the side moves out the top of the shoe must move a bit lower as the material doesn't stretch, this would not be good if you were already tight on vertical fit in the toe box

the closer you get to the front of the shoe, the less you'll be able to alter fit by moulding, but if you find the part near the arch is too tight, you can mould that out a long way

ipaul

by ipaul

Thanks for the tips. Gonna stick with the 41's and if it doesn't workout I'll now know for sure that I need to go 42. They cost me $50 so cheaper then going with the vaypors to start. They just not be designed for me, however I do like how my left foot feels in them.
What I'm fighting with is the lateral inside plastic cup material. If this can be molded and moved a bit, I think I'll be good. I have a heat gun but was holding off as it can get pretty hot. Just want to be sure the surrounding cup get pliable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com