Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

teddyuk

by teddyuk

bont a-two or cct-one? And why (if possible)?

I will use them for my commuting (14 miles), weekly club ride (20-30 miles), week end rides (100-120 miles)

spud

by spud

any suggestions as to where to buy spare Atop reels in the US? Figure it would be a good idea to have some...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

I couldn't find them anywhere. I contacted Bont and they sent me some free spares. Came from WA state.

shuke

by shuke

How warm should the shoes be once I take them out of the oven? I'm pretty convinced my oven temp isn't what it says it is.

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

I usually go to the point where the back of the heel carbon is a tiny bit warm / plyable.
Not so you can push your finger all the way thru the carbon, but just so it feels slightly soft.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

pastronef

by pastronef

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

They look dope!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Galerien

by Galerien

I also bought some vaypor bont shoes (wide version) , you can mold the upper layer but after reading this topic I can see you also can mould the hard part (carbon) .
Is this true ? Because I got one spot that isn't wide enough but is located on the outside of the shoe ( the hard part ) , can I push out this part to ?

thanks

Best regards

JensW

by JensW

Galerien wrote:I also bought some vaypor bont shoes (wide version) , you can mold the upper layer but after reading this topic I can see you also can mould the hard part (carbon) .
Is this true ? Because I got one spot that isn't wide enough but is located on the outside of the shoe ( the hard part ) , can I push out this part to ?

thanks

Best regards

yes, the carbon part of the shoe is almost the one you can form most after your foot

JensW

by JensW

pastronef wrote:nice nice ones

http://instagram.com/p/jspDXQKJdc/

looks as mike prydes shoes :D

Galerien

by Galerien

JensW wrote:
Galerien wrote:I also bought some vaypor bont shoes (wide version) , you can mold the upper layer but after reading this topic I can see you also can mould the hard part (carbon) .

thanks

Best regards

yes, the carbon part of the shoe is almost the one you can form most after your foot

Thanks

Gone try this, I thought the tub couldn't be mold.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

You can see the issue I had with the Zero + in that picture. The top BOA lace is a good inch away from the ankle. For me this meant I could pull my foot out the shoe even with the dial at its tightest setting. I'm surprised more people haven't had this issue.

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

I would like to know if the narow version (vaypor) is really narrow, as sidi ?? more less??
thanks
Ninja

spud

by spud

you should check Bont's sizing chart. I can tell you I came out of Sidi into normal width Bont and they are only marginally wider. Looking at the charts, the narrow version is probably 5-8mm narrower than Sidi.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

and someone could measure his insole length in size 43 ?

thanks
Last edited by ninjanoir78 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninja