Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Guy

by Guy

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:
Guy wrote:
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Do you guys really think that Rogers has been offered a superb deal by Shimano, after a disastrous season?

Sounds weird to me. But hey, Bont lovers have to find an excuse I guess.

:noidea:

Who cares what shoes Rogers wears?

Previous page discussion.
If you don't care, don't waste your time to comment dude.

It's my guilty pleasure to comment on brands that advertise A LOT on winning athletes and then, lose their riders.

Yes, I've read the discussion. Your comment that 'Bont lovers have to find an excuse' is simply trolling. Do you have insider knowledge why Rogers switched? Maybe he was thrown a bit of cash, maybe he blames his shoes for his lack of results or maybe his horoscope told him to.

You will see this thread is mostly about those seeking feedback on Bont or tips on getting a better fit. Why not start another thread about Pros and sponsorship 'dude'?

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

So, I stripped out one of the cleat T-nuts while adjusting my cleats on a ride. No big deal, they're removable and it came out pretty easily.. Only now I'm having a hard time sourcing a replacement. Checked the local hardware stores, and of course everything is imperial. Bont has them available on their site, but they're $12+$25 shipping to the US, which is absurd. Anyone know of an online store that sells M5 T-nuts in the US without high prices or shipping?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

google says Home Depot carries it. i just typed "m5 t-nuts".
also this place
http://www.instockfasteners.com/MyFA/mydescriptxhtmlpartid=83850/categoryid=84

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Hmm, the local Home Depot didn't have the ability to even order any, but it's kinda crappy anyways. Something just popped up on ebay anyways, so I grabbed that. Thanks!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I have some Vapour's in the post.

Somewhere in Malaysia :evil:

Gagging to get into them!

by 2011

My Bont carbon prototype shoes. Shoe is 100% carbon sole and uppers, using the same carbon weave. No logos or branding anywhere on the shoes. Weight is 175-177g per shoe. Used only on the indoor track.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Also useful in case you ever get called upon to be the "Silver Surfers" stunt double if they make a third Fantastic Four Film.

by 2011

They are actually solid black, but the reflective light made them look silver.

camber66

by camber66

I want to buy Bont A1 speedplay shoes in the net shops.
Please help with right size. Usually wear SIDI - 46, Lake - 46(12US), run shoes Nike, Mizuno (10,5UK-11.5US) They all fit me fine.
P.S. I'm stopped from purchase only by that CRC and Wiggle have stopped to trade them. At forum RBR there are only negative responses about quality. All became possible better in new model maybe.

GZA

by GZA

I picked up a pair of Black Microfribre A-Ones in 44 that I'm letting go for £125 posted if anyone is interested - to small for me, never had a cleat mounted or ridden in.

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

So I'm a bit baffled. Tried the shoes around the block and they felt like they were rocking back and forth. I took a closer look, and indeed the shoes are able to rock. So, I took the cleats and put them on my Sidis, lo and behold, the rocking was gone. Anyone have any idea what could possibly be happening? Neither shoe touches the actual pedal as far as I can tell, so I don't imagine it's getting any support from that.

Anyways, I made a video of what's happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYzaIeOeso First shoe is the Sidi, second is the Bont shoe.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

The problem is that the bottom of the Bont shoes is much flatter than the round profile of the Shimano cleat. When you tighten the cleat bolts, the cleat is deformed as it takes the shape of the shoe.

Try offering the cleat up to the shoe and eyeballing it from the side and you'll see what I mean.

When I was using Shimano pedals I had a stick a few bits of cut down margarine tub under the cleat to stop it bending.

At the moment I'm on speedplay, and I have the alu base plate with only the front shim. As the alu plate is much stronger then the plastic ones, it can do without the rear shim.

Photo on 17-03-2012 at 22.49 #2.jpg

I think it's a fundamental flaw with Bont shoes in general.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I wiped the top of my white bont Vaypor today and the black from the 'BONT' smeared all over the shoe. Talk about annoying. So much for a nice white shoe. :(

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Thanks MattSoutherden! Made some shims out of a yogurt carton and they're working well now.

LouisN

by LouisN

MattSoutherden wrote:The problem is that the bottom of the Bont shoes is much flatter than the round profile of the Shimano cleat. When you tighten the cleat bolts, the cleat is deformed as it takes the shape of the shoe.

Try offering the cleat up to the shoe and eyeballing it from the side and you'll see what I mean.

When I was using Shimano pedals I had a stick a few bits of cut down margarine tub under the cleat to stop it bending.

At the moment I'm on speedplay, and I have the alu base plate with only the front shim. As the alu plate is much stronger then the plastic ones, it can do without the rear shim.

I think it's a fundamental flaw with Bont shoes in general.

:shock:

I might try that too !!! Just thougt this movement was "natural", I had the same with my Northwaves, on Look pedals.

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com