Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Any idea where or how to get shorter screws to use?
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Murphs

by Murphs

I have no problem with Shimano cleats and screws, I don't know if they work with Look cleats though

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Guy

by Guy

SolidSnake03 wrote:Any idea where or how to get shorter screws to use?

Use a Dremel or hacksaw to shorten them.

Shimano produce stock short/long cleats bolts so perhaps Look do to?

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Im going to go check at the shop near me that sells bonts, im sure they will have a set of shorter screws or some advice, dont own any tools to shorten the screws myself so that is out

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

SolidSnake03 wrote:Im going to go check at the shop near me that sells bonts, im sure they will have a set of shorter screws or some advice, dont own any tools to shorten the screws myself so that is out

Crikey. What kind of man lives in a house without a hacksaw or a dremmel. :shock: :unbelievable:

:mrgreen:
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

MattSoutherden wrote:
SolidSnake03 wrote:Im going to go check at the shop near me that sells bonts, im sure they will have a set of shorter screws or some advice, dont own any tools to shorten the screws myself so that is out

Crikey. What kind of man lives in a house without a hacksaw or a dremmel. :shock: :unbelievable:

:mrgreen:

A young, poor, college kid living in a 1 room studio style apartment that sleeps with his bike leaned against the wall next to his bed because there isn't room anywhere else.... :oops:

Turns out that the silver speedplay screws, used to screw the 3 hole adapter plate to shoes, are the perfect length for this and work just fine with Look Keo cleats. The shop has been using them this way for a bit and no issues what-so-ever. Already swapped out the screws and they do sit perfectly flush so no more pointy screw jabbing my foot :mrgreen:

NGMN

by NGMN

I just received some Bont A Threes and really like the shoes, except that the top of the back of the shoe is rubbing on my left foot. It seems that the "heel cup" is too deep for my foot. Is this something that will break in over time or any suggestions?

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Have you moulded them yet?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Guy

by Guy

NGMN wrote:I just received some Bont A Threes and really like the shoes, except that the top of the back of the shoe is rubbing on my left foot. It seems that the "heel cup" is too deep for my foot. Is this something that will break in over time or any suggestions?

I had the same issue but moulding sorted it. Remember the trick of using bits of folded tissue in your socks to push out tightspots. Moulding usually takes a few goes to get the fit spot on.

swalburn

by swalburn

I received a pair of Bont Vaypor Premiums for Christmas. I've been holding of on posting my impressions for while, but so far I really really like them. When I put them on I knew they were a performance shoe. They were unlike anything I have ever tried. I molded them twice before using them and am pretty impressed. I had to lower my saddle a couple millimeters but I haven't had any discomfort using them. We have had a mild winter in Michigan so I was able to get out for a good road ride last weekend and they were awesome.

Take it with a grain of salt, but every year I kind of stick to the same program during Jan-Feb using the CTS program. I was quite sure I was more out of shape this Jan when I started but my power numbers have been up across the board by a good margin. I'm not going to attribute it to the shoes but they really feel like the power is going straight to the pedals. So far I'm satisfied. I can tell I won't get as many seasons out them as I got out of my Specialized shoes, but they are very good so far. I've had a lot of shoes over the years: Sidi's, Specialized, Shimano, and Bont and all of them have been good. I use Shimano 315 for off road riding and those are ridiculously good as well. Basically, when you get to a certain pricepoint, if it fits it is all pretty good.
Get busy living or get busy dying!

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Guy wrote:
NGMN wrote:I just received some Bont A Threes and really like the shoes, except that the top of the back of the shoe is rubbing on my left foot. It seems that the "heel cup" is too deep for my foot. Is this something that will break in over time or any suggestions?

I had the same issue but moulding sorted it. Remember the trick of using bits of folded tissue in your socks to push out tightspots. Moulding usually takes a few goes to get the fit spot on.

Good tip here, I just remolded my right shoe to try and push out an area for two of my toes that were rubbing. Used balled up Kleenex lining the part of the shoe then stuck my foot in. This pushed out the desired area a bit to make a little more toe room.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Do you guys really think that Rogers has been offered a superb deal by Shimano, after a disastrous season?

Sounds weird to me. But hey, Bont lovers have to find an excuse I guess.

:noidea:

Guy

by Guy

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Do you guys really think that Rogers has been offered a superb deal by Shimano, after a disastrous season?

Who cares what shoes Rogers wears?

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Guy wrote:
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Do you guys really think that Rogers has been offered a superb deal by Shimano, after a disastrous season?

Who cares what shoes Rogers wears?

Previous page discussion.
If you don't care, don't waste your time to comment dude.

It's my guilty pleasure to comment on brands that advertise A LOT on winning athletes and then, lose their riders.

Murphs

by Murphs

Juanmoretime wrote:I have two pairs of the A-Ones and love them. You really need to buckle them lightly since they really grab your foot and over tightening the buckle cause rub on the achilles tendon. I cycle with Jonathan Kuck, he's an Olympic silver medalist speed skater, and he races on Bont skates and he has huge callouses on his achilles. :shock:

I've found the opposite, I've put my shoes on in a rush and not buckled them up, only realised 10km down the road when I went to climb out of the saddle. The 'bathtub' shape keeps my foot in very nicely

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com