Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

VQ30DE

by VQ30DE

stax wrote:@VQ30DE- there is quite a bit more room in the Vaypor plus. They fit me right out the box but I had to heat the Vaypor 2 or 3 times. Both were size 47 and I wear US size 13.
Thanks for the info. Interesting because according to the sizing chart for Bont a US size 13 should be EU 49. US 12 is 47. But good to hear the Vaypor+ has more room. I might try 46.5.
Using Tapatalk

stax

by stax

I used the sizing chart to establish the size I needed to order without really paying attention to the shoe size it correlated to and it seemed to work fine for me. I am basing my US 13 on Nike runners- are they sized small? Anyway, I found quite a bit more room in the Vaypor plus- I hope you have more luck next time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TroyG

by TroyG

Based on the Bont size chart, looks like the Vaypor Sprint fits a little longer and wider.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Okay I got caught out on the Bont sizing. I went to a LBS to try on a pair of Vaypor Plus and found the 44 to be a good fit. I ordered a pair with the speedplay sole and 15 weeks later they hadnt even started building the shoe. Cancelled that order and purchased online Vaypor S in 44 and they seem to fit okay but seemed to be narrower than Vaypor Plus. Also the S in 44 is only 275mm long and the Plus in 44 is 277mm. My longest foot measures 276 and fit the shoe for length okay. The problem was the width. Guess I am going to eat that one if I cant sale them on my own. Yes they have been heated once so that is where I screwed up. Anyway ordered a pair of Northwave Extreme onsale in 43 and thats going up a half size from there chart. I hope this helps people make wiser choices when ordering online.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

glepore

by glepore

heating a pair of Bpnt's doesn't mean much, they can be heated multiple times. Used shoes depreciate like used luxury cars, but still the heating issue is minor.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Yeah someone else on this topic was saying heating is worth about 2% and I would have to agree its pretty negligible. Im done with the heat molding BS on shoes.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Actually for those that are looking for good sizing info on Bont I found a chart on Merlincycles site that I wish I had found before but anyway here is the link.
http://www.merlincycles.com/bont-vaypor ... 62515.html
Just click the sizing of course.
Notice how the Vaypor Plus and the Vaypor S have different lengths for the same size shoe. :x

neeb

by neeb

For the Vapour Plus at least, that chart is absolutely spot on. My feet are exactly 272 mm long and about 101-103 wide and the size 43 (standard width) are an uncannily perfect fit. Perfectly snug but perfectly comfortable, no point even bothering to heat mould. Can't believe I crammed my slightly-wider-than average feet into sidis for years... I love the way these shoes are actually foot-shaped and don't pinch the toes while at the same time not having any extra length.

AJS914

by AJS914

I tried some inexpensive Bont A3s from ebay. I was curious. They almost worked perfectly but the toe box was too small. I didn't try to stuff something in the toe and heat it up though. They might have worked if they were 1/2 size larger - I sized mine using the calculator on Bont's web site.

I didn't like how stiff they were. The insoles made hot spots on my feet and with the small toe box I couldn't effectively use the Superfeet that I usually use.

I think the bottom line with Bonts is that they should fit pretty well out of the box. If they don't, then don't bother. Like someone said above, the heating is for the final 2%.

oks315

by oks315

I suggest you, S works better than Bont shoes for climing.

lewdvig

by lewdvig

dedaciai wrote:pk0r: How is the arch support in the shoes?

I use Specialized BG footbeds with a high arch. No problems. I have three pair of Bonts.

If you have wide feet they are great.
Road: Guru Praemio, Colnago Master X Light, Scapin EOS5, Gios Compact Evo, Pinarello Gavia, Bottechia SLX, Bianchi Vittoria
Cross: Ritchey Swiss Cross
MTB: Rocky Mountain Instinct

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

oks315 wrote:I suggest you, S works better than Bont shoes for climing.

Climbing stairs? :mrgreen: :smartass:

Grill

by Grill

Anyone know when the new Bont Cronos will be available? I tried to order some in March but were told there was no ETA...

Tqubed

by Tqubed

Has anyone ever had custom Bonts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

update: now they're all broken.