Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1578 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1102 103 104 105 106 Next
 Post subject: Re: Bont shoes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:55 am 

claus wrote:
Which "very thin socks" do you use?

I use mainly D-SOX it is a small Czech brand, socks are very good, nice material, very thin and they last:) http://www.d-sox.cz/category/ponagle/1

Unfortunately 43,5 is not an option, Bont doesnt do it. I decided to go with larger one, now I hope there won't be any heel slipping out on the bike:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:08 am 

orbicek wrote:
claus wrote:
Which "very thin socks" do you use?

I use mainly D-SOX it is a small Czech brand, socks are very good, nice material, very thin and they last:) http://www.d-sox.cz/category/ponagle/1

Unfortunately 43,5 is not an option, Bont doesnt do it. I decided to go with larger one, now I hope there won't be any heel slipping out on the bike:)

should be ok, you can mould in the sides of the heel cup quite a lot, if you are fitting different insoles, wait until you have them before moulding

with a lot of arch support i found i needed to mould inwards the midfoot area on the outside of the shoe to avoid my foot 'rotating' outwards and causing pressure further forward, i'd only notice this after about 80-90k

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:08 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:13 pm 

So I have first ride - quite extraordinary feeling of having too much room around fingers, it is like constant feeling you will slip out of the shoes, but it never happens since the heel cup keeps the heel in place. Also teh arch support is quite noticeable, but not in the wrong way. Will see with longer rides

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:21 pm 

glepore wrote:
Really easy to do-I did it when I was running Bebops as they're not drilled for 2 hole cleats. Put a cleat bolt partway in to the existing t nut, tap it, and the nut comes out. Or just buy new ones and leave the old ones in place. I reused mine after drilling.

Thanks, it was just as easy as you said. Knocking them out was a cinch - measured the diameter of the t-nut - just over 6mm so used a new 6mm drill bit and moved the holes down about 10mm - you probably don't want to go any less as you'd be quite near the old holes. The sole is quite thick so it takes a little time - the hardest thing was not going right through the other side of the shoe once you're through the sole. To prevent that I took my time and put a sponge in the shoe which caught the tip of the bit.

A few pictures of the process if anyone's interested. You can see that I didn't manage to get them perfectly below the other holes but obviously your cleats give some tolerance so it doesn't matter. I was going to fill the old holes but they are covered by the cleat so I haven't bothered. I have some black silicon if I need to. I put the shoes on a towel for padding and so they wouldn't slip.

I used tape so I could mark on it and to give a little grip to get the drill started. Here I've already knocked out the top t-nut.

All 3 holes drilled and top t-nut now in the lower hole.

And the finished item - comparing it to the other shoe.

(and yes, my cleats are getting a bit beat up - new bike and pedals soon so I'll be changing them!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:40 pm 

Hello everyone
I'm on the market for a new shoes and I think Vaypor+20016 can be good for me.
Since I've several foot problem/pain and my feet are very wide, and the arch it's quite builky, I'd like to have little help from you.
Since I live in Italy and probably I willl pay some extra Tax/fee/wat for the importation, the choice of size will be more important.
I need a good ventilation, specially in summer, the Bont's sizing tool's suggest me to go 45 wide, but I'm afraid it's too long.
Vaypo+2016 have a good ventilation?

What do you think about ??

Thank in advice for you suggestion.

Attachments:
Piede Ritiagliata Rid2.jpg
Piede Ritiagliata Rid2.jpg [ 14.19 KiB | Viewed 780 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 pm 

looking to buy some white dials for my Vaypor+

I have black ATOP dials (one big, one smaller)

would Boa dials fit?

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 pm 

I would also like to change mine from black to white in my Vaypor+ :wink: I am waiting for the answer from Bont :arrow:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:48 am 

How do you "maintain" the Vaypor+ 2016 leather surface? Do you use leather cream like this -> https://www.collonil.com/en/waterstop-classic-3177.html?

I may wear this pair of shoes going for multiday bike trip, and I think it may rain one or two days... Newspaper "treatment" after a day in the rain?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 am 

Rone69 wrote:
Hello everyone
I'm on the market for a new shoes and I think Vaypor+20016 can be good for me.
Since I've several foot problem/pain and my feet are very wide, and the arch it's quite builky, I'd like to have little help from you.
Since I live in Italy and probably I willl pay some extra Tax/fee/wat for the importation, the choice of size will be more important.
I need a good ventilation, specially in summer, the Bont's sizing tool's suggest me to go 45 wide, but I'm afraid it's too long.
Vaypo+2016 have a good ventilation?

What do you think about ??

Thank in advice for you suggestion.

My foot are 278 x 111/115 and got 45 wide. Width is fit while length is maybe about 5-10mm longer. I can slip my middle finger at the back of the heel.

I came from a Riot+ 44.5 Asian Fit (wide and low volume) and it didn't fit me too well (not wide enough).

Hope it helps.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 pm 

Update: after a couple thousand miles or so, the Bont zero + are the best shoe I have owned by a long shot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 pm 

Has anyone bought the Riot Plus shoe and can compare whether the last / fit is more like Vaypor S or Blitz?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 pm 

Bondurant wrote:
Has anyone bought the Riot Plus shoe and can compare whether the last / fit is more like Vaypor S or Blitz?

I have to new Riot plus and it is a little different compared to my old Riot's. Fit around the toebox is about the same-- if not a little more room-- and the length is near identical. They have, however, added more volume to the shoes and now my skinny feet required a little more help. I used both insoles (old and new) to get the fit I wanted and even then I have to really crank down the BOAs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm 

Thanks. I've got a pair of Vaypor S and a pair of Blitz, they are the only ones I have experience of. Hoping that the Riot Plus are more like the former as they fit me like a glove.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 am 

I'm currently using the Vaypor S but had to size down from my old original Riots. I'm looking at new MTB/Gravel shoes and asked Bont what size I would order in the new Riot MTB+ and was told they are the same last as the Vaypor S, so order the same size.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 am 

Excellent. Thanks for that.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 am 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1578 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1102 103 104 105 106 Next