Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

craddock
in the industry

by craddock

Can anyone else feel the Bont T-nuts through the insole? I resorted to adding an interim layer with three holes cut to accommodate the T-nuts. This levels the inner surface but I can still, just, feel one of them.
Anyone have a neat solution?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romalor

by romalor

cut them shorter ?
What insole do you use with yours bont ?
if the original ones , it doesn't surprise me

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I found a couple in my vaypors migrated upwards after repeated wet rides.
edit: it may have been when the packing i used to re-arc the shimano cleat on the flat sole got damaged, resulting in the cleats maybe slackening off a little.

Cleats off,insole out, and made sure they were pulled back through their hole properly using a bolt and a few washers to pull against the sole.

been okay since.
Official cafe stop tester

Grill

by Grill

Has anyone tried to narrow out a pair of Boys? Problem have is the regular width is too wide and the ones I want aren't available in narrow.

Vermu

by Vermu

Anyone had any luck with vaypor S in wide fit...talking about Europe?

Normal Vaypor S seems to be stocked okish, but I would need these in wide, and fck honestly.
No1 has them in stock and our local dealer (Finland) is a bit annoying to deal with...

They've them in bonts online shop but the pricing is just obscene :o

g32ecs

by g32ecs

I developed some 5th metatarsal pain lately and I need some advice.

I find it difficult to expand the carbon part in that area. I've tried probably every blunt shaped object at home.

Anyone have any solutions?

bllx

by bllx

Vermu wrote:Anyone had any luck with vaypor S in wide fit...talking about Europe?

Normal Vaypor S seems to be stocked okish, but I would need these in wide, and fck honestly.
No1 has them in stock and our local dealer (Finland) is a bit annoying to deal with...

I just ordered from an Australian shop. Ordered a week ago and they just entered Swedish customs, so should arrive early next week. Paid 463 AUD$ ~315 euro including shipping, and around 90 Euro in duties and taxes. Buying from my LBS (who mistakenly said that the pair he has in stock were wide) would have been around 460 euro, 2-3 weeks delivery time and no possibility for returns(!), so this felt like the better option.

Grill

by Grill

g32ecs wrote:I developed some 5th metatarsal pain lately and I need some advice.

I find it difficult to expand the carbon part in that area. I've tried probably every blunt shaped object at home.

What footbeds are you using?

Vermu

by Vermu

bllx wrote:
Vermu wrote:Anyone had any luck with vaypor S in wide fit...talking about Europe?

I just ordered from an Australian shop. Ordered a week ago and they just entered Swedish customs, so should arrive early next week. Paid 463 AUD$ ~315 euro including shipping, and around 90 Euro in duties and taxes. Buying from my LBS (who mistakenly said that the pair he has in stock were wide) would have been around 460 euro, 2-3 weeks delivery time and no possibility for returns(!), so this felt like the better option.

Oh nice, well the duties and such increase the price by quite a lot, comparing to british online stores that sometimes seem to sell these for 240ish €.
Just ordered normal fit since im just in between and it's a bit easier to return inside Europe if the fit isn't exact.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

g32ecs wrote:I developed some 5th metatarsal pain lately and I need some advice.

Use a hairdryer to specifically heat up the required area. I find it more effective than heating the whole shoe.

Hope it helps.

jollygiant

by jollygiant

Since I make stuff with pre-preg carbon I warm them up in my home made oven I use for baking my parts.

When the are warmed though I put them on an make a vacuum bag around my leg and create a vacuum around my foot and sucks the air out and I stop the pump just where it starts to hurt which is about -0.3bar a full vacuum is -1 bar or -14psi.
So after 5mins at that my Bont Riot's are a perfect fit!!

My ramp and dwell controlled oven.

sungod

by sungod

can anyone help with understanding how the 'wide' version of the vaypor s differs from the standard one

is the extra width across the wider part of the foot only, or does it extend back to the middle of the foot?

i've got some in standard fit, but need insoles with extra arch support, these cause the foot to 'rotate' inside the shoe, so the toes tend to push against the outside edge, the smallest one rubs a bit on the edge - the front end of fifth metatarsal and the next join after that

the controlling factor is the midfoot area of the shoe on the outer edge, if it were further in it would help control things, but i've got it in as far as it'll really go

i've heated to push out the area and experimented with my collection of footbeds, it's about ok, but a little more might be good

if the extra width is in this area i think i might try that, but if it's also in the midfoot i suspect it won't help as with the entire length wider my foot will still end up with the small toe against the edge

natefontaine

by natefontaine

Using bandage tape and small cotton balls, build up about 1cm the area that bothers you. Tape it in place good and put a tight sock over. I was able to get a good bit of movement in the carbon this way, in exactly the spot i wanted.

I also use higher temps. You could experiment with higher temps and longer heating times. I have the old A1 and find the 85c is too low. I do ~105 for 25-30min.

I dont know what affect this would have on any BOAs so go slowly. But for the buckle, dont strap it down until the plastic strap has cooled off or it can break. Get your feet in and strap the velcro. Once the plastic gets its ridgidity back you are good to strap them down.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Hi Guys,

Just purchased a pair of Bont Blitz shoes in a 42 for $140 AUD. Look great etc. I am coming from a pair of Sidi Genius 5 Pro shoes in a 42 that fit very very well.

However, I tried them on they feel way narrower than my SIDI's.

Toes feel a bit tight and they really pinch the side of on the outside of my foot, just past the ankle if that makes any sense ?

I haven't put cleats on them or gone for a ride, because I think that voids Merlin's return policy.

Should I
1) return them and get a refund
2) return them and get a 42.5
3) try them out on a bike for like an hour ? (and not be able to get a refund)
4) walk around in them without cleats at home and see what happens
5) conceed defeat and just stick with my SIDI's ?