Lightweight Challenge 700 -> 721.3gr!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Man................I don't follow this for two pages and *poof*........its a lew thread about magic spokes, newbies haten', hidden agendas, and more wang measuring than I care to follow.

Speaking of magic, did you all hear Dumbledore is gay? Since were off lets go way off.

Even if Alienator did/does/might work for Lew, we should be happy that he would be around to share infomation and insight about the process.

This whole alter ego and hidden motive thing has been a drag lately. Its not always about getting something from nothing. I know this is odd but, people who work in the industry like bikes too *gasp*. Shocker, I know. Perhaps we should embrace them and ask for information from them rather than accuse them of having ill designs on our corner of the sandbox.

I'm starting to think that innovation has slowed in the bike industry because, evidently, all the deigners and manufactures have been hagin' out in forums starting flame wars. I though it was a lack of originality and ideas.......wrongo.

Starnut
Last edited by STARNUT on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

You are testing product for a company. Why? Why would a company ask you to test product for them? What do they want you to test it for? Is it because your tests (whatever the results) are beneficial to them in terms of selling their products? Why do you think after LEW and you made this deal you didn't get wheels straight away? Is it because they didn't have any, or is it because they will give you a set only after they are sure that they will come out with flying colours? (If they don't do it this way, they are stupid, which I honestly don't think they are). What happens to the wheels that you test? Do you get to keep them? Will you get another set to test to replace them? There are more than one type of payment, other than cash. And freelancing and doing testing on the side is also possible, so saying who you work for in your day job makes you sound like a politician hiding a vested interest.

The funny thing is, no one here would actually mind if you admitted the testing that you have discussed being part of with LEW, and paid or unpaid, it makes you in their employ. What people do mind is your arrogant and condescending manner and you inability to answer direct questions.

This forum has gone from bad to worse. It would be nice if people showed some integrity, but I am afraid that those days are long gone.

Oh, and I might get a telling off from the mods / admins for this, but sorry Frankie, it needs to be said. Feel free to take whatever sanctions you like. I will continue to call fool whenever I see it

STARNUT

by STARNUT

On an even more light hearted note.........best quote(s) of the week

bikemesenger wrote: 4. Lightweight and Lew wheels are built with very little to no tension. They are rigid structure and should not be thought of as a conventional tensioned structure. The wheels are basically really fancy wagon wheels.

5. I think it is awesome that people are building sub 800g rideable wheels. Also if either Carbonsports or Lew would like to send me a pair, I need a new pair of wheels for my bike and don't feel like building a pair.

awsome. Dude, you wouldn't seriously put fancy wagon wheels on that sweet Crump would you. I know damn well that if they gave me a pair the I rock a cowboy hat to go with my wagon wheels :lol: .

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Locked because it went totally off topic
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!