American Classic CR420

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MantraPro

by MantraPro

Have anyone tried these wheels ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jens3133

by jens3133

Hello,

the Amarican Classic CR 420 seem to be great. I`m interested in ordering some but my problem is that I can`t find any cycleshop in germany selling this stuff. Even in the internet I couldn`t find a reseller in germany. Therefore I even doesn`t know prices.

Can anybody give me addresses of resellers or online resellers?

Would be very nice if anybody could help me.

Core 22

by Core 22

Hi.

Also die gibt es erstmal bei www.cicli-corsa.de

Dort für 698 Euro, was ich eigentlich recht teuer finde! Ich hab dem Radsport-Geil eine Email geschrieben und der hat genau das gesagt, was ich Dir auch sage: die Felgen sind super, die Naben sind zwar leicht aber sehr instabil. Er hat mir angeboten die Dinger mit Edco-Naben einzuspeichen, aber die sind mir fast schon wieder zu schwer. Jetzt wollte ich mich hier mal umhören, ob jemand Alternativen weiß (ach ja diese Lösung käme unter 600 Euro). Die Email-Adresse: Radsport.Geil@web.de

Ach ja die UVP in den USA liegt bei 698$. Auch ein stolzer Preis, dafür bekomme ich ja schon fast die Corima Aero.

Hoffe ich konnte Dir helfen, wenn Du eine alternative Nabe weißt, kannst Du ja nochmal posten.

MfG Core

Core 22

by Core 22

Hi.

I've heard very often that the hubs of the wheel set are not very stiff. A lot of my friends had problems with them. My dealer offered me to use Edco hubs but they are a little too heavy. Does anybody know alternative hubs (front I would prefer to have 18 spokes, rear 24 spokes).

Thanks for your help.

Core

Mantra

by Mantra

You could use Tune or Chris King

Core 22

by Core 22

Hi Mantra.

Have you bought this wheel set? What do you think about soul-kozak hubs? They are very light-weighted but I don't know anything about their stiffness and their price. Tune hubs are light-weighted but very expensive even in Germany!

Thanks Core.

Core 22

by Core 22

Another problem: any dealer I've written to said that there are no AC 420 rims to buy any longer. Is that true or do you know a dealer where I can buy it? I've often seen custom-made wheel sets which are built up with Ac 350 rims!

Thanks for you help!

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

The AM Classic web site says CR420 rims are not sold separately.
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

Core 22

by Core 22

Yes, that's my problem :)

But in former times it had to be sold, if so many people built up their custom wheel sets with AC 350 rims (look at Listings and wheel set)!!! Maybe one dealer has some rims left?!?

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Oh they DO sell the 350 rim separately, but the 420 is so thin-walled and delicate that they don't thrust anyone but themselves to build a wheel with it.

Mantra

by Mantra

You can buy the CR420 rim seperately here in Denmark, no problem !!

Core 22

by Core 22

Do you have a homepage or an email-adress?

@asphaltdude: if it's so thin-walled I don't know if I should trust that rims.
Dank u well (was that right? my grandpa comes from Holland and I can speak a little but writing is a big problem :? )

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Almost right. It's Dank u wel :D
I have no experience with these rims and don't know anyone who tried them. In a properly built wheel they seem to be good, most reviewers at roadbikereview.com like them. And the one who had problems had trouble with the hubs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com