Just got a SRM and have a couple questions on setting up

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Scooter

by Scooter

Ok so I have all the wiring done, but I am confused as to if I need to set the tire size on the head unit or if there is anything else that must be done before I take it out tomorrow.

My other question is how would I go about editing the Odometer, so I can transfer over what I had on my previous computer?

Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Download the softwear that came with the SRM. While arcaeic, the softwear will allow you to set the tire size, sample rate, and distance.......along with other stuff. Once you have the softwear downloaded plug the head into the computer (PC not the powermeter) and click on the red icon at the top of the screen in the toolbar that looks like the headunit with the arrow pointing to it. This will allow you to access the screen I mentioned above.

Oh, make sure you have the dropdown window next to the button on the version of the power control you have (i.e. PCV or PCIV)

Based on your Sig, I assume it is an SRM SI?

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Scooter

by Scooter

STARNUT wrote:Oh, make sure you have the dropdown window next to the button on the version of the power control you have (i.e. PCV or PCIV)

Thanks for the quick responds Starnut. I do have the Si SRM. I am not sure were to find this drop down window. There is another buttom on the left of the head unit button that show another head unit with an arrow point to "PC".

Thanks
Surly Ice Cream Truck

STARNUT

by STARNUT

uh..............one of those two buttons that have the read head unit in it will make another window pop up that allows you adjust the settings. The other brings info in from the headunit. The dropdown menu/window should be right next to that.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

Scooter

by Scooter

The one on the right does have some pull down menus but does not have one for picking which SRM you have. I will play around with it some more tomorrow. Thanks for all the help. :wink:
Surly Ice Cream Truck

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Like this. There are two red buttons at the top of the SRMWin software screen. Click the right one, which is the Powercontrol set up. You'll then get the second dialog box you see below, with wheel circumference, slope, etc. YOu can plug in odometer info in the advanced options.
Attachments
SRM-screen gab.jpg

Geoff

by Geoff

Other than the tire circumference, you also have to make sure that the Slope is accurately input. I like to re-set the sample interval to 1 second and change the file record interval, too.

peterpen

by peterpen

After a few weeks of riding, I'd recommend checking the calibration with verified weights. The process is described in the manual.

Take some weights down to the post office and use their postal scale, don't trust what's printed on the weights. SRMs are better than they used to be, but it's always best to get good numbers right from the start. Keep using the same weights and the same gears.

Scooter

by Scooter

I have ridden with it for 2 days now and I am enjoying it.

But one more question the wheel circumference for a 700cX23 is 2096 right?

I went on cateyes website and clicked on one of there manuals just to verify size and it said 2095. But then at work we have a chart with the different sizes and it read 2096. So just wanted to see if any of you have seen this before too?

Thanks
Surly Ice Cream Truck

Geoff

by Geoff

Sounds close. Mine is set to 2105. The best way is to measure the curcumference by a roll-out with your weight on the tire.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com