Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:45 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:19 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 am
Posts: 1946
Location: Dutchess County, NY
anyone know if a dent in the rim of a stratus dv ul can be repaired (its around the braking surface)?


Attachments:
reynolds dent.jpg
reynolds dent.jpg [ 14.37 KiB | Viewed 803 times ]
Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: NorCal
Hmmmm . . . . were you the lucky auction winner? Hell of a good price - even if you just get to use the rear wheel. I would call Reynolds up tomorrow. If anything you could probably get crash replacement pricing on a new rim. If they would have been Campy I would have got 'em!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:34 am
Posts: 1175
Location: Northern California
Reynolds rim replacement price is pretty outrageous - $550 IIRC.
Big reason why I didn't get Reynolds when I was shopping for aero carbons.
However, I think they are rolling out a new 'insurance' type deal a la Mavic's MP3. (not that it will help this poster.)

to the OP - once Reynolds gives you a price, you might want to check against what Richard Sawris @ wheelbuilder.com could do for you. He's apparently the only builder with the Reynolds OK to use their rims.

_________________
www.wholeathlete.com


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:59 pm
Posts: 1106
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Reynold's website isn't too clear on their pricing for crash replacements... is it $550 per wheel or $550 per pair? I just cracked the front and rear of my Stratus DV and will need to do something...

_________________
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:29 am
Posts: 1397
Location: Mountain View, California
peterpen wrote:
Reynolds rim replacement price is pretty outrageous - $550 IIRC.
Big reason why I didn't get Reynolds when I was shopping for aero carbons.
However, I think they are rolling out a new 'insurance' type deal a la Mavic's MP3. (not that it will help this poster.)

to the OP - once Reynolds gives you a price, you might want to check against what Richard Sawris @ wheelbuilder.com could do for you. He's apparently the only builder with the Reynolds OK to use their rims.


That's not true... several builders now have an account with Reynolds. I know this because I got a builder to setup an account to make me a set of custom wheels with the DV46C rims.

If it's 550 for the whole wheel than that's a good price.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:34 am
Posts: 1175
Location: Northern California
Cheers! wrote:

That's not true... several builders now have an account with Reynolds. I know this because I got a builder to setup an account to make me a set of custom wheels with the DV46C rims.

If it's 550 for the whole wheel than that's a good price.


It certainly was true when I wrote that post. :roll: Check the date.

@Skyleth - it is (was) $550 per wheel, not per set. What did you hit?

_________________
www.wholeathlete.com


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:40 pm 
Offline
Shop Owner

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 10:28 pm
Posts: 1323
Location: Arizona
peterpen wrote:
Reynolds rim replacement price is pretty outrageous - $550 IIRC.


I called Zipp for a crash replacement rim about 2 weeks ago and was told a rim was $475 now.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:34 pm
Posts: 480
Location: New Zero Kanada 43° 40' 0" N, 79° 25' 0" W
bikemesenger wrote:
peterpen wrote:
Reynolds rim replacement price is pretty outrageous - $550 IIRC.


I called Zipp for a crash replacement rim about 2 weeks ago and was told a rim was $475 now.



Zipp crash replaced one for me this week at $390 or $395 for the rebuild. Still way too much money, but better than they offered you. Odd...


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:59 pm
Posts: 1106
Location: Boston, MA, USA
peterpen wrote:
@Skyleth - it is (was) $550 per wheel, not per set. What did you hit?


I was descending a climb trying to chase back on to the field, I hit a big crack in the pavement... the guy in front of me broke spokes on his alu rim and I cracked my carbon rims :( from what I can tell, they're small cracks in the brake track on both rims (only on one side)... I noticed on Calfee's website say they do wheel repairs? Does Rue do a similar service too?

_________________
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Repairing Orbea cable stop

in Road

McNamara

13

525

Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:49 pm

McNamara View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Any users of Reynolds 46 Clinchers?

in Road

Point

5

894

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:54 pm

MikeyBE View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Reynolds Assault SLG or Roval Rapide CL 40?

in Road

bonafide

4

1602

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:14 pm

bonafide View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Reynolds 2015 ctg braking performance?

in Road

nemeseri

8

378

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:30 am

nemeseri View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. What tubeless 25 mm tyres for Reynolds Assault

in Road

kingkongsfinger

12

706

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:25 pm

kingkongsfinger View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andylav, Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media, orange77, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited