New Zero G brakes!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

racingtiger

by racingtiger

I am curious how these will compare to the new KCNC brakeset as far as weight and price.
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

CharlesM

by CharlesM

It will be down to material choice, as looking at these and remembering back to a few other brake proto's, the KCNC look like they will suffer a bit with regard to stiffness using similar material to other brake sets.

To get at the right weight, Zero G and M5 both needed to go to a larger support structure with machining.

It will be fun to see what they come up with... Though if I get an early set, I'm wondering if I will catch fire or be struck by lightening (which almost actually happened yesterday) if I post a preview.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sybarite

by Sybarite

Any projected availability? 2 months later? Who's likely to have them in stock first?

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The new brakes are not released until the end of August, but for ZG that probably means Sept.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

madcow wrote:The new brakes are not released until the end of August, but for ZG that probably means Sept.

Which year?

shabbasuraj
Shop Owner

by shabbasuraj

HammerTime2 wrote:
madcow wrote:The new brakes are not released until the end of August, but for ZG that probably means Sept.

Which year?

anytime between 2008-3008... LOL
Mass Weenie

J-Nice

by J-Nice

PezTech wrote:I'm just guessing that this is a bit knee jerk from someone who didn't pay attention to the entire thread... Maybe I'm wrong and should go out and lash myself with a tree branch though...

I started the thread and posted the preview because I hang out in here and thought it would be cool to give the friends here a peak (not that it's any big deal as the info will be all over the place shortly)...

I didn't mean to erm, ehhh, jack myself...

But then every time I "consider" it, Well it just comes natural.

This wasn't meant as a personal attack towards you, but it just gets to me that a guy like Ted can go on this forum, promise free product and what, 2-3 years later has yet to deliver. No explanation, no nothing.

Yet he picks and chooses when he comes on to make comments and everyone raves at that fact that a manufacturer logs on to Weightweenies.

It is dishonest regardless of what Teds' enablers think. And he DOES use this forum for free advertising, but if the moderaters don't agree they can do what they want.

alienator

by alienator

J-Nice wrote:This wasn't meant as a personal attack towards you, but it just gets to me that a guy like Ted can go on this forum, promise free product and what, 2-3 years later has yet to deliver. No explanation, no nothing.

Yet he picks and chooses when he comes on to make comments and everyone raves at that fact that a manufacturer logs on to Weightweenies.

It is dishonest regardless of what Teds' enablers think. And he DOES use this forum for free advertising, but if the moderaters don't agree they can do what they want.

Please, tell us how you come by such sharp, unerring knowledge of Ted. Clearly, you've the ability to read his mind, and just as clearly your skillz far exceed those of the population here.

So please: educate us, the poor soiled masses that aren't gifted with knowledge such as yours.

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

alienator

by alienator

Thanks for the amazing insight into your assumptions. It's really, super duper instructive.

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

You're welcome. Anytime. I'm sure ZG really appreciates your posts and the pompous attitude they emanate as well as the direction in which you're taking this thread.

Please quote reply me again.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

:popcorn:

Coolhand

by Coolhand

Is it troll season already?
This forum would be a better place if you had to know what you were talking about prior to posting. And if you took yourself less seriously.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

It comes and goes... :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DT

by DT

like it or not, velo has some points.

There are people on the forum that can shit in your hand and tell you it's the next best thing. Some may be wary at first, but then they tell you it's the stiffest, lightest and most aero turd ever and people have to have it. Then of course people realize they bought a turd, but don't want to admit it to others. So they get on the marketing train by defending their purchase of a turd.

This post is not about marketing, but please check out our new crank at http://buy-a-turd.com/fecal_crank.BS
No thanks.