New Zero G brakes!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I think my wife is pretty happy with the fact that besides news all I do is surf cycling sites when I´m online 8)
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tmanley

by tmanley

More details are on the website: http://www.zerogravitybike.com/

Click on the bullhorn icon along the top of the webpage to get to the info.

The Spider

by The Spider

I've never found stiffness to be an issue with my 06-ti models. They modulate well and feel quite powerful to me, at one point I was riding other bikes with Record and Ultegra and thought that the 0G product was fantastic in comparison (same performance, lighter weight, slightly different feel)

I was running swissstop green on the front and corima cork on the back...the fact I could run a cork pad shows you how much power I believe the product had. Now I'm yellow swisstop/corima due to running a Reynolds carbon front.

Great product and very satisfied...so I don't understand the need for extra stiffness...price I can understand...but I believe the product worked well as it was. I'll read the Pez report though!

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The review isn't pblic yet, but posted here for a weenie pre...

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/admin/preview.asp?id=5175

Skyleth

by Skyleth

PezTech wrote:The review isn't pblic yet, but posted here for a weenie pre...

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/admin/preview.asp?id=5175

fantastic writeup!
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights

J-Nice

by J-Nice

drjones96 wrote:Opinions are like A-holes. Everybody has one.

I think they would look good on my bike though.

Yeah everyone has an opinion-yours just stinks more than others. Excuse the rant but here it is again, Ted using this site for free publicity of his items and then telling everyone that they have to wait for the real details.

And I am surprised at Pez for taking part in this, as he has his own website and should be more considerate of this type of hijacking than most.

There is a place for this-it is called running an ADVERTISEMENT and paying for it.

Speed Racer

by Speed Racer

Take a pill buddy. ZG did not start this thread, Pez did. Many of us enjoy having the manufactures on here answering our questions. Lets not run them off.
I like the way they look personally. I have a Ti set and an SS set as well.
I even have a couple of my German buds on them now.

alienator

by alienator

J-Nice wrote:And I am surprised at Pez for taking part in this, as he has his own website and should be more considerate of this type of hijacking than most.

There is a place for this-it is called running an ADVERTISEMENT and paying for it.

Well, when you're elected the president of the WW site or you seize power in a coup, you can change all that. Until then, I guess you'll have to suck it up and let the mods and admins handle things, eh?

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I'm just guessing that this is a bit knee jerk from someone who didn't pay attention to the entire thread... Maybe I'm wrong and should go out and lash myself with a tree branch though...

I started the thread and posted the preview because I hang out in here and thought it would be cool to give the friends here a peak (not that it's any big deal as the info will be all over the place shortly)...

I didn't mean to erm, ehhh, jack myself...

But then every time I "consider" it, Well it just comes natural.

NOTAWOFTAM

by NOTAWOFTAM

I appreciated the preview. Thanks Pez.

gregclimbs

by gregclimbs

PezTech wrote:I started the thread and posted the preview...

btw, your rss feed give a preview... always has...

I saw the article before this thread was updated...

fyi

g

alienator

by alienator

So did ZG build full orbital adjustment into their pad holders this time? And I hope the pad holder bolts are more robust: the older ones would round out if you breathed on 'em wrong.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Not a bad idea to mention that... I should add that the range is a little better (not full). The bolts are different as well, though I didn't round the others, so not sure if these are better or worse. They seem more solid.

As for the RSS, the story needs posting in a certain way to allow the feed to grab it. You could have seen it early, but by minutes...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

he was talking about forum hijacking not the thread.

being able to ride a lot of high end bikes and equipment like groupies on a Stones tour is sure to make you a lot of friends here. especially those hoping to get their hands on your seconds. :lol:

I appreciate a lot of your posts, particularly those about helmets or bibs...the little things. Those that support marketing BS from say zipp for example...not so much.

The forum does have a problem with what marketing is allowed and what is not. Links from bocabearings no, links to your own merchant site in your sig is ok as long as it is not ebay. :noidea:

Threads that are really marketing and appear on every freakin cycling board i'm on such as a "joe blow" type requesting ideas for "real world" testing of a high end carbon wheel is ok even though it is a one sample set and obviously the manufacturer must have done some testing already is ok.

Yet ask a question about where to rent bikes in europe and you get a rather nasty post and a thread lock. Use to just get moved to the intro forum. Anyway, getting off topic now.