New Zero G brakes!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

insider

by insider

Nice second edit job there Charles. No, I have not felt the need to read the personal paragraphs on your website. I have dealt with you and Mr Pestes several times in the past. You and Richard seem to place an awful lot of self importance upon your little website. The recent "Finest TDF Coverage" comments during one of your TDF stage reports were good for a laugh - cyclingnews.com is the real deal.

My last Mr Pestes experience was watching him act as Mr Big during a Greg Lemond interview atop Brasstown Bald at the 2006 TofGA.

See you around sometime.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Introduce yourself! :lol:

racingtiger

by racingtiger

This is like six degrees of seperation. Brakes -> Reviews - > marketing BS -> Zipps -> Dimpled Tires.

NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

PezTech wrote:Velo,

Sure those are threads... But you still havent found anything directly quoting me saying something that's untrue or BS.

I have already stated several times my point was you supporting marketing BS. Stop trying to turn it into something else.

PezTech wrote:It's easy to make generalizations and take shots in the cyber world. When someone does that, I just ask for specifics, not to simply tear someone down, boost my own ego or be a petty instigator but because I want to make sure I don't mislead anyone.

Not much in this really...

I already gave you enough and in the end it is not for you to decide.

PezTech wrote:But keep bringing "the pain".

You're blowing this way out of proportions. I guess that's one way to dodge the issues.

to get back on topic.

fatrat wrote:I've never seen ZG's in the flesh, but looking at those pictures of the Negative-Gs it looks like they are spaced out a long way in front of the front fork. Is there a reason for that? Surely that will just increase flex?

I believe this is because the ZGs need to move the brake pads from under the fork otherwise they hit the fork on release. But maybe I'm wrong and Pez can answer.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

VeloScaper wrote:
PezTech wrote:Velo,

Sure those are threads... But you still havent found anything directly quoting me saying something that's untrue or BS.

I have already stated several times my point was you supporting marketing BS.

right... And I keep asking for you to post my bs.

your guns fully loaded.

With pretty loud blanks...

racingtiger

by racingtiger

THIS THREAD IS AWESOME! I finally get to use all those witty internet forum pictures I have saved on my harddrive 8)

alienator

by alienator

You'll need a different threadlock, one that can resist regular hand tools. :twisted:

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

PezTech wrote:right... And I keep asking for you to post my bs.

your guns fully loaded.

With pretty loud blanks...

Yea, I guess nothing but blanks. You got me, I never posted links for people to read. If you say it, it must be true.

This entire exchange today was not intended as a distraction.
This thread and the "exclusive preview" was not meant to drive traffic to your site.
This thread has no marketing value to ZG.
Your reviews have no marketing value.
You never stand with manufacturers but always rage against.
You never cover any of the manufacturers marketing talking points in your reviews.
You run a consumer advocacy group! non-profit of course.
You never gain anything personally or through lifestyle from any of your reviews.
You do it all for the little guy.
Selfless compassion in everything you do, you are the Mother Theresa of the bicycling industry.
edit: You would never cloak yourself in the tragedy of another because you have high moral values.

All because you say so, so it must be true.

good night and good luck.
Last edited by VeloScaper on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

racingtiger

by racingtiger

King Weel

by King Weel

From Pez' review I understand that the -G will become OEM equipment for some American brands. Hopefully Ted will then have the funds (and time?) to continue testing and improving the new cranks.
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

one littlle tid bit of trivia...

Five years ago a guy sent a brakeset to Charles at Pez for review. Charles took the time to review it and then gave the guy a break... "Ted, here are some things you should change... if I wrote a review of your brakeset the way it stands, you would be very dissappointed."

I made the changes.

mzagorski

by mzagorski

Hmm, looks like this thead has turned into a bit of a pissing contest.

Anyway... I thought that the review on Pez's site was actually one of the better reviews I've seen. While I do visit cyclingnews.com frequently, they haven't posted a review of the brakeset. Pez-clusive! While I don't always agree with the conclusions on Pez, the photos are clear and show the product well.

+1 for Pezcyclingnews.com

Danton

by Danton

Once upon a time this forum had lots of people making helpful informative and passionate comments about lightweight bike parts...

Thanks for the review to Charles, as far as I know it's the only review out there. I don't see the point in flaming him, it's shooting the messenger. Even if you just take the information and photos, it's helpful for Pez to post here, and I'm grateful for it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Hey no problem and I wouldn't ask for a thread lock...

When someone tells me I support BS, they can simply do two things. First, identify the BS. Second, they should quote me on directly backing the bad information... This garbage happens and so far it ends the same, with an attempt at sidestep and back pedal... I'm sure I've screwed something up and would have no problem saying so. But so far so good...

Someone did just PM me with a great catch on the weight though (I say these are +28 grams but quote the new ones at 196 when the old are 195, but I think that's pads / no pads...). That and Alienator bringing up the q on if the brake shoes rotate/align easier are two pluses to posting a preview... Thanks guys.

To scraper, keep trying bro. You pretty regularly take fairly aimless shots at me and this one's no different... You start by saying I directly support BS but simply wind up pissing and moaning about things that pretty much anyone working for any publication has to deal with...

But now that you mention it... Nope I am not paid by Pez, yes companies do send product to test, yes people do visit the website, yes sometimes I do talk about the more important features of a usually top line product, yep I'm lucky to get new gear... all earth shattering secrets revealed! :lol:

in Memory of RYAN COX.