New Zero G brakes!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RacerBoy

by RacerBoy

They are obviously a way for 0G to cover more of the market as they should be cheaper than the machined models. Widening the range not replacing their top of the line product with a heavier one.

As for the name: Negative G is what you experience from extreme breaking.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LloydP

by LloydP

PezTech wrote:Only 28 additional grams, ....

Is that per caliper, or for the pair?

I quite like the look of them. Probably could be tempted if they're more affordable (to me) than the 0G-07's.
I quite fancied the BC2A brakes at one point, but they seem to be taking forever to make it to market...not that I actually need new brakes!

calogero_vizzini

by calogero_vizzini

It certainly is interesting that they have put their energy into the production of another brake caliper and not the crankset. Maybe it was a no-hoper?

shabbasuraj
Shop Owner

by shabbasuraj

Single pivot? meh
Mass Weenie

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Hi guys,

These are not forged... 100% CNC machined.

Ted Ciamillo

bluredvision

by bluredvision

ZeroG wrote:Hi guys,

These are not forged... 100% CNC machined.

Ted Ciamillo

That's a shame. Personally I was just starting to consider them since I preffer parts to be forged (when the shape is possible) for their strength.

Anyway, Ted, what are the main differences and the reasons behind them? Are the new brakes easier to set up than the old ones? Are they stiffer, as everyone seems to think?

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Brakes looks nice :thumbup:
only I do not understand why ZG/Ted choosed/took that name.

Any news about the development of the cranks Ted?

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Kuiper wrote:Brakes looks nice :thumbup:
only I do not understand why ZG/Ted choosed/took that name.

Gravity is what sticks you on the ground.
Negative G = Negative gravity = you're not stuck = you fly = you're faster.

Is it that hard to get?

bcheung

by bcheung

Yeah, it's kinda hard to understand since "negative gravity" is(theoretically speaking) impossible. They should just call the new brakes "Lift"

weiwentg

by weiwentg

Adrien wrote:
Gravity is what sticks you on the ground.
Negative G = Negative gravity = you're not stuck = you fly = you're faster.

Is it that hard to get?

that makes sense, but the negative G calipers are heavier than the zero Gs. we would expect otherwise from the name.

RacerBoy

by RacerBoy

ok, so I'll reiterate my theory on the naming... Negative G as in negative G Force. As in the force you experience during extreme deceleration ie breaking.

Thus the name implies better breaking power and would also explain the added weight. Do I win something?

bcheung

by bcheung

I don't doubt ZeroG has myriad reasons, explanations and justifications for the name of their new product; in fact, I don't think anyone really cares why it's named a certain name, so long as it functions.

All I'm saying is that there is no such thing as "negative G forces" or "negative gravity" or even "negative force". Force can never have a negative magnitude. Negative force is just positive force in the opposite direction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force

Anyways, my final word is.....

goldeneye

by goldeneye

pilots experience both negative and positive g forces.

negative gs occur when the stick is pushed forward and blood is forced into your head, if this persists a red out occurs.

Positive gs force the blood into your lower extremites, which can result in a black out, this occurs when the stick is pulled toward you.

Goldeneye

spookyload

by spookyload

In my flight manual it says over and over not to perform maneuvers that would induce zero or negative g's. These maneuvers will cause fuel pumps and oil pumps to cavitate and my plane will turn into a glider real fast.

alienator

by alienator

bcheung wrote:Yeah, it's kinda hard to understand since "negative gravity" is(theoretically speaking) impossible. They should just call the new brakes "Lift"

You better check the most recent cosmological models, because there's one that predicts a force that repels matter ("anti-gravity" if you will) that explains very well the current cosmological state. This "anti-gravity" would have a vector that is opposite the gravitational vector between two masses and would therefore be the negative of gravity. So Negative G might be entirely appropriate.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com