HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:14 pm 

gerry wrote:
i read and interesting theory to explain the two positive tests. tyler swears he never had a transfusion of another person's blood. maybe he didn't knowingly do it. what if he was suspost to get a tranfusion of his own blood? (still cheating but there is no way to be caught for this yet). what if perez, being on the same team was on the same program. what if their blood types are the same but were accidentally miss labelled and they got each others juice. it would explain why two positive tests came out on the same team and why each person was shocked at the positive test. hmmmmm

So, it sounds like they both banked some red cells, which can be frozen. And then just prior to the key races, they accidentally got the wrong blood handed to them out of the freezer - Bummer but makes sence!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:19 pm 

gerry wrote:
where are we?

world road champ
world mtb champ
world time trial champ
olympic gold medalist
classics legend
grand tour podium finishers

add one world ironman champion. man what a sorry state of affairs sport is these days.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:53 pm 

And also add a few triathletes : beke, badmann, kraft...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:56 am 

this is just crazy! all of these high profile athletes! with lance having a history taking epo and with the la confidential booking coming out saying he's still at his old tricks, i can't see how there are still naive people out there that belive he's beating the world's best clean?! I could see thinking along these lines 6 months ago but there is no way you can't suspect him now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:01 am 

Gerry - You're making a statement that constitutes libel. Whatever anyone thinks Lance is on is purely conjecture and there is no proof, only whispers. And even if he is on something he's still the best out there becuase it would seem that the whole of professional sport is tainted by drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:58 am 

gerry wrote:
this is just crazy! all of these high profile athletes! with lance having a history taking epo and with the la confidential booking coming out saying he's still at his old tricks, i can't see how there are still naive people out there that belive he's beating the world's best clean?! I could see thinking along these lines 6 months ago but there is no way you can't suspect him now.

No proof = gossip.

I am getting a little tired of all those supposed cycling fans with the "If you open your eyes, you can see it" attitude.

My eyes are open to facts only: Tyler has had 3 out of 4 samples turning out positive for blood transfusion of the 'mixed' kind and 1 sample destroyed due to bad storage conditions. So either the test method is wrong, test procedures were not followed, Tyler does have a mixed blood type by birth or Tyler has indeed been doing illegal stuff. Only if the first three can be proven, Tyler will go 'free'. The proof will have to come from some independant source. This has not been done yet, which takes us to another fact: Once both test samples are positive, the UCI/IOC considers the athlete guilty of doping. Has Tyler been doing some illegal blood transfusions? You just cannot say at this point. Has he not? You cannot say either, which is why I find things like the "I believe Tyler" buttons a very stupid initiative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:55 am 

On a more general point, lawyers would have a field day with some of the comments made here and they could be subject to legal action, and the first they will go after is the WW website owners. So, please be careful about what you post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:05 am 

JK wrote:
My eyes are open to facts only: Tyler has had 3 out of 4 samples turning out positive for blood transfusion of the 'mixed' kind and 1 sample destroyed due to bad storage conditions. So either the test method is wrong, test procedures were not followed, Tyler does have a mixed blood type by birth or Tyler has indeed been doing illegal stuff. Only if the first three can be proven, Tyler will go 'free'. The proof will have to come from some independant source. This has not been done yet, which takes us to another fact: Once both test samples are positive, the UCI/IOC considers the athlete guilty of doping. Has Tyler been doing some illegal blood transfusions? You just cannot say at this point. Has he not? You cannot say either, which is why I find things like the "I believe Tyler" buttons a very stupid initiative.

tyler only had two samples come back positive, the olympics and the vuelta. the a and b sample are from the same blood test. it's a formality that they will yield the same result. they only test them separately to further prove that it is the athlete and not the test that is yielding the positive result.

and why does everyone think it's the test. is anyone bitching about the epo test? no, the only reason that this test is a "bad" is because they caught a big fish on the first cast and he's putting up a big fight.... but people he's caught! mixed blood, he's a vampire, a botched operation. why do people make our sporting heroes out to be gods? tyler is human, he lies he cheats just like everyone else in life. some of us make little white lies, and fudge a bit on taxes but it's all the same in principle.

the ioc and uci both got pitched this test by wada. they both agreed it was a good test and agreed to its inclusion. why would they want a bad test? it will only cost them more money in lawsuits and heartache, heartache, heartache. their pockets aren't bottomless and they aren't fools.

the facts are tyler failed his vuelta doping test. it only has to happen once for him to be guilty. but people it's happened twice (not to mention he has history of a doctor saying he's asked him for doping methods) and people are saying that still isn't good enough for them! then his teammate test positive for the same thing! two athletes on the same team in two separate times and places. a team where another athlete has failed a test, and admitted to doping recently. not only is this test bias to nice guy sporting heroes like tyler but something in the randomness of the coded numbers that names each sample picks on members of phonak! what are the chances that the second person to fail this test happens to be on the same team as tyler and not on one of the umpteen teams out there in the world of cycling.

wada is an independent source! how independent do you want them to be. they don't represent a country or a sport. what do they have to gain by screwing over tyler! it's not like the test was administered by a rival team or nation. it was done by an independent source. if tyler's defense studies the sample and tells the world "nope nothing wrong with tyler's sample" would everyone be ok with that!

i think it's pretty safe to say that tyler had the blood transfusion. if he had a simple explanation he would have used it to save his image and his bank account a lot of damage. of course he's now using everybody's money for his defense. after he said money was no object to fight for his good name i find it terrible that he's getting fans to chip in for the legal bills.

the difference in first and second in a race is usually always well under 1%. doping is estimated to make up to 10% improvement. if all of these world champions are "world class" athletes to begin with and then even when take drugs can't compete with a clean lance why was he not whipping everyone’s clocks from day one like eddy did. he for sure has to be histories greatest cyclist ever, eddy included (nobody was racing this fast in eddy's day). physiologically it is hard to see. drugs work. that is why all these world champions will risk everything they have to use them.

can a clean athlete beat a doped one. sure. myself on dope probably could not beat the majority of people on this site. but the elites are to close in abilities for a clean athlete to beat one with a "head start".

if everyone was on dope and it seems a lot are, then lance might very well be the best of that category hands down.

i think it's a bit terrible that tyler is going to be the fall guy for this dirty sport and lance, with his "mafia" like action to simonetti looks to only be trying to keep this damaged sport the way it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:49 pm 

Since this thread is OT it is now closed.

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9