To add to the questions-
What are the Obermayer wheels that you hinted about a couple of months ago and you said you couldn't tell us more till Eurobike?
Well Eurobike is over - tell us more
I don't want to order and miss out on a newer model
The new LW "Obermayer" are online in German already. Translation is in process.
Basically they are "L´Alpe d´Huez" Wheels with heat protection in the rim and 12 spokes front.
Main Features are:
- extralite carbon layer setup with same stiffness data as standard sets
- Tune Mag 160 hub with ceramic balls and carbon axle rear
- LW low friction bearings front
- some little secrets in construction
- no limitation in normal use incl. road races
Claimed weight max. 1.050 grams / set. All 5 sets produced so far came out between 986 and 998 grams.
Frontwheels were all between 442 and 451 grams, rearwheels between 544 and 547 grams
2 GS1 Elite riders will most probably use them in Verona.
What we are most proud of is not the weight. The stiffness and usability is more important to us.