Scott CR1 Fork Weight Discrepency Solved!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Post Reply
User avatar
Superlite
Posts: 2492
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm

by Superlite

Hey guys,

You all know I've been asking around for weights of the CR1 Aero fork because everyone that is listed is about 450-470g, vs. the claimed 360g from Scott. Heres why.

All of the 04 bikes (forks) that came over from Europe were not ready at time of sales, so the fork you guys actually got with your CR1 Team issue is the CR1 Pro fork! For 05 all of the bikes will have the actual CR1 Team issue fork that weighs 360g uncut.

Also, the Superlite fork isn't offered here in the US, only Europe due to safety issues I beleive. :shock:

Just thought you guys would like to know.

December 15th and I'll be cruising my CR1 Limited! 8)

number_22
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:00 pm

by number_22

:offtopic:

And I just found out that the Bianchi forks are manufactured by Reynolds !
Cool !

by Weenie


User avatar
pk0r
AKA "The Nils"!
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

by pk0r

I'd really open another new thread for every single trifle every new day.
"GG"
:roll: :oops:
| http://www.ax-lightness.de |
| pk0r.com | "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

User avatar
Samu Ilonen
Posts: 2169
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 7:13 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

by Samu Ilonen

But was that lighter one ridable? So it should be replaced anyway?

User avatar
Florian
Site Admin
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:45 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

by Florian

Superlite, why open new threads when you already have an open one? ;)
Image Image

User avatar
mrowkoob
Posts: 1487
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:35 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, EU

by mrowkoob

Superlite wrote:Hey guys,

You all know I've been asking around for weights of the CR1 Aero fork because everyone that is listed is about 450-470g, vs. the claimed 360g from Scott. Heres why.

All of the 04 bikes (forks) that came over from Europe were not ready at time of sales, so the fork you guys actually got with your CR1 Team issue is the CR1 Pro fork! For 05 all of the bikes will have the actual CR1 Team issue fork that weighs 360g uncut.
.

December 15th and I'll be cruising my CR1 Limited! 8)


Hmmmm if that is true, I think Scott should replace my CR1 team issue fork (470 grams uncut) with the the real thing free of charge.

PK
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:45 pm
Location: UK

by PK

I got the superlight fork... what safety issues.. you got me worried now!!!

swiss guy
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:45 pm
Location: switzerland

by swiss guy

PK wrote:I got the superlight fork... what safety issues.. you got me worried now!!!


scott reserved the superlite fork for riders under 70 or 75 (can't remember) kilos. i've heard from scott switzerland that production of the superlite will stop immediatley and scott is thinking about a recall of this fork-type (last part is only a rumour).

by Weenie


swiss guy
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:45 pm
Location: switzerland

by swiss guy

swiss guy wrote:i've heard from scott switzerland that production of the superlite will stop immediatley and scott is thinking about a recall of this fork-type (last part is only a rumour).


both rumours; just phoned with scott switzerland, scott continues to produce the superlite, sorry...

@pk: what's your weight? are you satisfied with the fork (stiffness and so on)? sorry for asking that again :wink:

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post