Tillquist's kitchen!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Skyleth

by Skyleth

at stem looks awesome!
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

Now that is the seatpost that I am looking for but in black. With the new frames I am getting, I would love to have a 111g 31.6 / 330 seatpost. That is the perfect weight and length.

Morten any chance with some of these other parts, you would make them again to sell. I understand that you probably do this for yourself but damn, the seatpost and stems look amazing.

2 seatposts please. :wink:

Zak

by Zak

I am amazed Tilquist.

I love to watch beautiful craftmanship, and your work for sure is. I hope you are having fun.

Have you ever had problems about parts breaking?

KF

by KF

Zak wrote:I am amazed Tilquist.

I love to watch beautiful craftmanship, and your work for sure is. I hope you are having fun.

Hi Zak.

I have a set of the alu plates for Speedplay pedals. They seem to hold up nicely. They get scratched, of course, but they work as well as the originals.
- G. Digital K. Loco

robsbc

by robsbc

KF wrote:
Zak wrote:I am amazed Tilquist.

Hi Zak.

I have a set of the alu plates for Speedplay pedals. They seem to hold up nicely. They get scratched, of course, but they work as well as the originals.

How long have you had them Zak? I've heard the aluminium plates don't last long?
Rob

newbieweenie

by newbieweenie

What would it take to produce a fairly light, VERY stiff, Very aero bar/stem for track pursuit setup?

Zak

by Zak

It's not me who got the aluplate but KF. Maybe he will answer. :D

KF

by KF

Zak wrote:It's not me who got the aluplate but KF. Maybe he will answer. :D

Sure I will... I've riden them for about a month. I guess you can't quite say that it is lon enough to judge something by, but up until now they seem to be fine.

I will give a ride report when I have put some more mileage on them
- G. Digital K. Loco

too slow

by too slow

Tillquist if youre not interested in making these parts for others maybe you could share some drawings. So that maybe we could make our own parts. I am interested in machining a seat post for myself. I love what you have done

BmanX

by BmanX

Well I am very very happy today. I went up to the post office after lunch to pick up a package. To my delight, the package contained a few (12 to be accurate) aluminum plates for my Speedplay X2's.

Since I am on "DADDY DAYCARE DUTY" today, I did not get a chance to install them all but being the WW dad that I am, I left my son asleep in the car seat while I quickly took off one of the pedals from my bike and weighed it quickly with the regular plates. Then I quickly took the bolts out, switched out the plates and but them back on (with locktite). What a great surprise. See below.

99g with the standard plates.
87g with the new anodized black plates.

So a weight savings of 12g per pedal which is great. I could not be happier with them. Keep in mind this is with the standard bolts still.

That will drop the weight for a set from 198g down to 174g. Very nice.

I will try to take some pictures this weekend. I will do some before and after pictures of the pedals with the black anodized plates and the natural anodized plates.

Thanks again Morten.

Tillquist upgrades are great! :)

Tillquist

by Tillquist

too slow wrote:Tillquist if youre not interested in making these parts for others maybe you could share some drawings. So that maybe we could make our own parts. I am interested in machining a seat post for myself. I love what you have done

I well think about it..
See all my bike h e r e

collideous

by collideous

too slow wrote:Tillquist if youre not interested in making these parts for others maybe you could share some drawings. So that maybe we could make our own parts. I am interested in machining a seat post for myself. I love what you have done

Use Tillquist's photos as an inspiration to draw up your own parts. It's a lot of fun to put your creativity into designing components. A little brainstorming and hand-sketching and you'll realize that there are many ways to accomplish things. Only then you can really call a part your own.

While I'd always help someone in the design and explain how to make parts, I'd never share my production drawings.
blogging at 29in.ch

jay cee

by jay cee

love that stem!
J EURO

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

It'd be cool if you could make 'tuned' lighter faceplates for various stems, like Newtons, etc.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

too slow

by too slow

collideous wrote:

Use Tillquist's photos as an inspiration to draw up your own parts. It's a lot of fun to put your creativity into designing components. A little brainstorming and hand-sketching and you'll realize that there are many ways to accomplish things. Only then you can really call a part your own.

While I'd always help someone in the design and explain how to make parts, I'd never share my production drawings.

Thanks that is the idea. Having a base line with some wall thicknesses and such helps alot. Designing things a little thicker or adding my own touch style wise is the idea. Tillquist even if you dont share drawings I just want to thank you for the insperation. When Im done with my post I'll add some photos to this thread. Collideous I understand that you would never share production drawings, but my point is that if they are not going into production why not share. Whats wrong with open source