While we're talking about creaks.. I had one that wouldn't go away and I couldn't figure out how to fix. It only happend when I stood on the pedals basically.
It started not too long after completely changing the drivetrain - chain, chainrings, cassette.
1) My first thought, bottom bracket needs grease. Took it out, cleaned and greased the threads and cups. Creak still there.
2) Skewer? Took the skewer out, greased it. Creak still there.
3) Tried different skewere. Still there.
4) Tried different wheel (figured those AC micro bearings just may
, to my dismay, needed greasing). Nope, creak still there.
5) Greased headset and stem (now, I doubted this was it, but I was desperate). Nope. Still there.
6) Seatpost? This can't be, it happens when I'm standing.
7) Pedals. That must be it! Tried a different pair .. NOPE! Not it.
The only possibilities left were almost inconceivable (or I just didn't want to face it!): frame fracture (Giant TCR Carbon) or.. hard to believe, My Phil Wood BB's bearings need replacement (after 5k miles??).
Finally, the most obvious stupid thing, dawned on me like I forgot I had a nose on my face!! I tightened the chainring bolts.
I freekin didn't tighten them enough when I replaced the drivetrain.
All that trouble, I may as well have rebuilt the whole freekin bike!