Silver Syntace F99 pics?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TACSTS

by TACSTS

Hi, I'm building up a new frame and I'm trying to go all silver on the components and the last piece I need is a silver stem. I'd prefer 26mm instead of 31.8mm which led me to the Syntace F99 in chrome/silver. Does anyone have any pictures of this stem mounted on a bike? All I've been able to find are stock pictures or pictures from tradeshows with poor lighting. Thanks!

Or if anyone has any other ideas for a good quality silver stem, around 84-90 degrees x 120mm please let me know!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

Tristan

by Tristan

Thomson X2, but available in 31.8 only. It is silver but the machining marks make it look very different to the Syntace.

Thomson also make the Elite stem for 26.0 bars but I don't think it is the nicest looking stem out there ;-)

The Thomson stems look good when matched to Thomson seatposts I think...

Wheelworks.co.nz
New Zealand handbuilt wheels

TACSTS

by TACSTS

Thanks for the pics guys, that's just what I was needing.

I'm using a silver Thomson post which does make the X2 or X4(which comes in 90d) an attractive option as well. But I'd have to buy a new bar in that case...hmm.

Oh well, I've still got a month or so to decide before the frame should be done at any rate. Just wanting to get everything ready so that when I do get the frame nothing will be holding it up from getting out on the road.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

If you decide on a Syntace Chrome and have trouble finding one, you can PM me. We have a 120mm lying in the store.