UCI-legal weight weenie

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

The rims seem to be Corima Aero.Am I right?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

asphaltdude wrote:I think they're Corima Medium's

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... php?t=1442

nah - those are the reliable colorado cyclist generic mavic open pros with black plastic glued on over the rims :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

ShinyBaldy wrote:

nah - those are the reliable colorado cyclist generic mavic open pros with black plastic glued on over the rims :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Indeed, they're special for-pro's-only Shimano dark anodized plastic rim fairings :shock:

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

By the way, quite surprising that bike is 6,8 kg's.... some parts (bar / stem I guess, hubs) must be really heavy! (or Giant lies about the frame weight)

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

asphaltdude wrote:
ShinyBaldy wrote:

Indeed, they're special for-pro's-only Shimano dark anodized plastic rim fairings :shock:

and uses new alien technology ;) minus 200 grams from each wheel

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

asphaltdude wrote:By the way, quite surprising that bike is 6,8 kg's.... some parts (bar / stem I guess, hubs) must be really heavy! (or Giant lies about the frame weight)

According the the test in the german mag TOUR Giant lies about the frames weight. TOUR weighed it at 1200+ grams for frame, fork and seatclamp.

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

Dr.Dos wrote:
asphaltdude wrote:By the way, quite surprising that bike is 6,8 kg's.... some parts (bar / stem I guess, hubs) must be really heavy! (or Giant lies about the frame weight)

According the the test in the german mag TOUR Giant lies about the frames weight. TOUR weighed it at 1200+ grams for frame, fork and seatclamp.

I think the Germany magazine is wrong - because a TCR Comp of currently avaliable frame at size M is around that weight.

TCR Advanced is lighter for sure.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

ShinyBaldy wrote:I think the Germany magazine is wrong - because a TCR Comp of currently avaliable frame at size M is around that weight.

TCR Advanced is lighter for sure.

It's not about 'thinking'/guessing as I consider the editors capable of reading a digital scale. They weighed the frame at a hair over 1200 grams then calculated the weight of the integrated post/clamp and presented a 'netto' of 1030 grams in order to give a comparable value.

Face it: the first TCR Advanced frame (clearly marked as 'final prototype') is much heavier than Giant is proclaiming. Hopefully production frames are lighter.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Liberty Seguros used the TCR Advanced, too. Even the bikes on top of the team-car were brand new Giants in BH colors. So now it's official: Liberty is the Giant B-Team and is not using leftovers from Once.

tom2517

by tom2517

[quote="asphaltdude"]By the way, quite surprising that bike is 6,8 kg's.... some parts (bar / stem I guess, hubs) must be really heavy! (or Giant lies about the frame weight)[/quote]

I know, it's pretty much just a new giant frame with DA...wonder where they saved the weight from?

But then, the Madone SL and SSL is just a new frame with DA as well, so these new frames must be pretty damn light...

bobalou

by bobalou

Cyclingnews quotes they're lightweights..

cyclingnews wrote:For everyone who wants to know whether Ullrich rides tubulars or clinchers, here's a Continental Competition 22 tubular glued to one of his Lightweight wheels.

bobalou

by bobalou

Dr.Dos wrote:Liberty Seguros used the TCR Advanced, too. Even the bikes on top of the team-car were brand new Giants in BH colors. So now it's official: Liberty is the Giant B-Team and is not using leftovers from Once.

Dos, note I'm not disagreeing with what you say here, but .. LOL.. from what I remember, in a previous thread we were talking about the new TCR's being rebaged Scott's and Jan's TT bike being a walser (which it both was .. and wasn't aparently, depending on which TT you watched him race).

So, are Liberty Seguros riding rebadged Giants rebadged as BH's??!! :shock: :roll:

I don't think so. Even if you hate Giants you got to give them a little dap, common! There's no way the new TCR advanced is heavier then the last one and it's well known even the previous TCR's are some of the lightest frames around. The cyclingnews article posted above says Jan's bike is the TCR advanced without the integrated post, I don't find that hard to believe personally. One of the premier cyclists (if not THE premier cyclist) in the world is going to get what he wants, don't you think!?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

bobalou wrote:

Cyclingnews quotes they're lightweights..

cyclingnews wrote:For everyone who wants to know whether Ullrich rides tubulars or clinchers, here's a Continental Competition 22 tubular glued to one of his Lightweight wheels.

I believe they didn't mean to make that L "uppercase"..ie: these are lightweight wheels, not Lightweight wheels.