Lightweight reversible seatpost and stem with drop

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PK

by PK

Anyone researched this already?

I want to try riding a more forward, aggressive aero postion in my triathlons next season. I need a light weight seatpost which I can reverse and allow a forward seat position, and I also need a light stem which gives some drop.

I'm on a Scott CR1 so the seatpost needs some length (currently riding USE alien 270), and with its longish headset/steerer tube I'll need more drop than I am currently getting with my ITM The Stem (120, 80 deg).

Looked at the Corima carbon post but the longest only has 160mm extention. Best option I can find so far is the Thompson Set Back post which weighs 210g at 330mm (can be inverted).

On the stem front the Oval Concept offers a 73 degree flip-flop at 115g, that the best I can find so far.

I will need to change my bars too, which will be a real shame. I custom made these around a pair of Kestrel Pro SL bars (176g). Including drops, tribars with rests, pads, cable guides, and attachments for dura ace bar end shifter these weigh in at only about 400g. I'm looking at swapping these for some integrated HEDs...the best balance of position and weight that I can find. [If anyone is interested I may sell my custom made bars (will confirm weight when my bike ships back from my last race).]

Anyone seen a better post, stem, bar?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com