HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:09 am 

gerry wrote:
drugs are worth too much.

personal experience?

and by the way...I second Bobalou's motion:

BLAH!!! BLAH!!! BLAH!!! you whine worse than LeMond...

oh yeah? well, your momma!!!

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:09 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:05 am 

Can we please keep the conversation at a mature level.

I'd hate for this topic to become a school kid slanging match. I would like to think we are all beyond that stage.

Thank you

Nik - WW moderator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:32 am 

nikh wrote:
Can we please keep the conversation at a mature level.

I'd hate for this topic to become a school kid slanging match. I would like to think we are all beyond that stage.

Thank you

Nik - WW moderator.

sorry Nik...he had said something about sleeping with someone wife and I was just poking grade-school fun at it.

you are right to not feed the...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:01 am 

i thought babalou was quoting that lame come back from seinfeld with the "they want their speech back" so i just followed it up with the next line from george. an equally lame come back.

i'm sure there are a lot of seinfeld fans out there that got that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:27 am 

The original topic, specifically, regards Greg LeMond and whether his insinuations about Armstrong are warranted or unprofessional and, generally, regards doping issues.
The original topic, specifically and generally, is not about criminals, psych experiments, shoplifters, unfaithful wives, CEO's, insurance, lame comebacks, white lab coats, etc. etc. etc., and certainly not about Seinfeld or any of the characters of that show.
Some topics just don't have that kind of breadth, you know...unless maybe Larry David is a Weight Weenie. :noidea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:54 am 

Frankly.. I was really hoping this thread would die! It keeps coming back to life. :?

There was another thread that had a similar predicament. It went to doping, got boring .. then it was decided to continue the "doping" part of the thead in the training section, here :arrow: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... php?t=2515 where it quickly died there after a valient original effort. :!:

No offense gerry, it's just freekin boring. People that hate Lance, hate him winning don't mind crying "dopey, dopey" but there's not any new or insightful arguements, valid evidence or otherwise to support it. There's a book which will make some money that has little to go on and really nothing new (you sited one of the old, old accusations earlier, the steroid cream thing). If you see an IV it doesn't mean doping. There's valid reasons for IV's or syringes having nothing to do with doping. I know a rider that has done the Race Across America which had several IV's at once to try to replenish nutrients and fluids during his rest times ( http://www.raceacrossamerica.org ) which were impossible to replenish any other way without lots of down time. Even DeCanio (sited in the earlier article) recanted to Velonews that he mistakenly accused Saturn of not running a clean team, based on an IV he saw which he did not know the contents of.

EPO and HGH are a shortcut means to valid training. High altitude training can achieve pretty much the same results as taking EPO as far as red blood cell levels. All the elite teams definitly do that, in addition to the oxygen depletion tents they sleep in at night. So are they doping? I guess, in a sense, they are doing legal doping by boosting their red blood cell count, eh?

Sorry for the long post.. I hope it explains the "blah blah blah". I did the "blah blah blah" because I just didn't want to have to answer all those petty, stupid, baseless non-arguements. Like I said, I was hoping this thread would die! Soryy you can't accept Armstrong winning every year. He's a freak of nature, no doubt, but he's probably the best athelete in the world, fitness wise, with the best team in the world. Can you name one better? Someone has to be, and it's him, whether you like it or not. I personally was hoping for a closer TdF.. but as long as he's in it and at the top of his game, that unfortunatly is not likely to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:16 am 

Just play nice guys were all here for the same reason :beerchug:

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4