HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: UCI-legal weight weenie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm
Posts: 478
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/to ... lrich-bike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:32 am 
Offline
WWotY 2007
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 1476
Location: France.
The rims seem to be Corima Aero.Am I right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:32 am 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm
Posts: 1234
Location: Holland
I think they're Corima Medium's

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... php?t=1442

_________________
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm
Posts: 478
asphaltdude wrote:


nah - those are the reliable colorado cyclist generic mavic open pros with black plastic glued on over the rims :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm
Posts: 1234
Location: Holland
ShinyBaldy wrote:
asphaltdude wrote:


nah - those are the reliable colorado cyclist generic mavic open pros with black plastic glued on over the rims :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:


Indeed, they're special for-pro's-only Shimano dark anodized plastic rim fairings :shock:

_________________
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm
Posts: 1234
Location: Holland
By the way, quite surprising that bike is 6,8 kg's.... some parts (bar / stem I guess, hubs) must be really heavy! (or Giant lies about the frame weight)

_________________
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm
Posts: 478
asphaltdude wrote:
ShinyBaldy wrote:
asphaltdude wrote:


nah - those are the reliable colorado cyclist generic mavic open pros with black plastic glued on over the rims :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:


Indeed, they're special for-pro's-only Shimano dark anodized plastic rim fairings :shock:


and uses new alien technology ;) minus 200 grams from each wheel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:00 pm
Posts: 588
asphaltdude wrote:
By the way, quite surprising that bike is 6,8 kg's.... some parts (bar / stem I guess, hubs) must be really heavy! (or Giant lies about the frame weight)

According the the test in the german mag TOUR Giant lies about the frames weight. TOUR weighed it at 1200+ grams for frame, fork and seatclamp.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:31 pm
Posts: 478
Dr.Dos wrote:
asphaltdude wrote:
By the way, quite surprising that bike is 6,8 kg's.... some parts (bar / stem I guess, hubs) must be really heavy! (or Giant lies about the frame weight)

According the the test in the german mag TOUR Giant lies about the frames weight. TOUR weighed it at 1200+ grams for frame, fork and seatclamp.


I think the Germany magazine is wrong - because a TCR Comp of currently avaliable frame at size M is around that weight.

TCR Advanced is lighter for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:00 pm
Posts: 588
ShinyBaldy wrote:
I think the Germany magazine is wrong - because a TCR Comp of currently avaliable frame at size M is around that weight.

TCR Advanced is lighter for sure.

It's not about 'thinking'/guessing as I consider the editors capable of reading a digital scale. They weighed the frame at a hair over 1200 grams then calculated the weight of the integrated post/clamp and presented a 'netto' of 1030 grams in order to give a comparable value.

Face it: the first TCR Advanced frame (clearly marked as 'final prototype') is much heavier than Giant is proclaiming. Hopefully production frames are lighter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:00 pm
Posts: 588
Liberty Seguros used the TCR Advanced, too. Even the bikes on top of the team-car were brand new Giants in BH colors. So now it's official: Liberty is the Giant B-Team and is not using leftovers from Once.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:04 pm
Posts: 18
[quote="asphaltdude"]By the way, quite surprising that bike is 6,8 kg's.... some parts (bar / stem I guess, hubs) must be really heavy! (or Giant lies about the frame weight)[/quote]


I know, it's pretty much just a new giant frame with DA...wonder where they saved the weight from?

But then, the Madone SL and SSL is just a new frame with DA as well, so these new frames must be pretty damn light...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:05 am
Posts: 1011
asphaltdude wrote:


Cyclingnews quotes they're lightweights..

cyclingnews wrote:
For everyone who wants to know whether Ullrich rides tubulars or clinchers, here's a Continental Competition 22 tubular glued to one of his Lightweight wheels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:05 am
Posts: 1011
Dr.Dos wrote:
Liberty Seguros used the TCR Advanced, too. Even the bikes on top of the team-car were brand new Giants in BH colors. So now it's official: Liberty is the Giant B-Team and is not using leftovers from Once.


Dos, note I'm not disagreeing with what you say here, but .. LOL.. from what I remember, in a previous thread we were talking about the new TCR's being rebaged Scott's and Jan's TT bike being a walser (which it both was .. and wasn't aparently, depending on which TT you watched him race).

So, are Liberty Seguros riding rebadged Giants rebadged as BH's??!! :shock: :roll:

I don't think so. Even if you hate Giants you got to give them a little dap, common! There's no way the new TCR advanced is heavier then the last one and it's well known even the previous TCR's are some of the lightest frames around. The cyclingnews article posted above says Jan's bike is the TCR advanced without the integrated post, I don't find that hard to believe personally. One of the premier cyclists (if not THE premier cyclist) in the world is going to get what he wants, don't you think!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:10 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:44 am
Posts: 640
Location: Boulder, CO
bobalou wrote:
asphaltdude wrote:


Cyclingnews quotes they're lightweights..

cyclingnews wrote:
For everyone who wants to know whether Ullrich rides tubulars or clinchers, here's a Continental Competition 22 tubular glued to one of his Lightweight wheels.


I believe they didn't mean to make that L "uppercase"..ie: these are lightweight wheels, not Lightweight wheels.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Herb5998, Yahoo [Bot] and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Anyone with a Weight Weenie PEGORETTI

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

in Road

Bantamben

32

4054

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:12 pm

wilwil View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Live Vicariously through a Weight Weenie Newbie

in Road

dhoose

3

572

Mon May 26, 2014 1:02 am

mjduct View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Weight Weenie Specialized S-Works Spider

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

Qman

28

1151

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Qman View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Steel weenie -- Genius/Nemo/Spirit

in Road

HillRPete

13

662

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:18 am

User Name View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Where is the best place to add weight?

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

Zoro

20

1958

Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:10 am

AlphaDogCycling View the latest post


It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB