BIGGEST WW Purchase EVER !!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Swayze's Hair wrote:DocRay....where is this shop going to be located? When is the suspected opening?

Sorry for the OT

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Spring 07, in the GTA. You'll hear about it.

Thewalrus, that article is really just about any retail store. The investors here have business MBAs, several consultants and market data.
One big problem with shops around here is that they fall into two categories: the do-it-all neighborhood shops with Giants, Treks, MTBs and road bikes, or exclusive pro-only ex-racer roadie shops that alienate anyone who walks into the store.
They're (not me, I'm just a fly on the wall) planning more of a lifestyle shop, were customers can meet, talk, ride, train and shop -this cannot be competed by eBay.

Shop owners around here all complain about not making enough money, but almost all the good shops have doubled in size over the last three years. I think complaining about profits is the store owners mantra, whether its true or not. Would you shop from guy who blurted, "gee, I made a killing last month!"?

thewalrus

by thewalrus

From the store logo, it looks like you're going to be selling a lot of Rotor and O'Symmetric chainrings? :D :D :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

good luck!!!
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Jake B

by Jake B

This sounds awesome ejm! When I am old enough, and if becoming a pro doesnt work out(yeah, I know all young riders dream of being pros, but hey :D ), it is sort of my dream to start a bike shop. I want to sell some of the high end stuff, like I am sure you will given the bikes you have :)