Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:06 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:32 am 

Looks like another eBay scam: Nino's FRM Aero '02.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3687792051&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
Already contacted eBay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:18 am 

Great job, the user is now been blacklisted!

I looked at the images and wondered why we don't have watermarks on the photos here.

Again, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Before bidding, it would be wise to get a statement of title if the seller demands terms that are non-refundable. I don't know if sellers are padding their ratings with sham sales, then trying to turn a major scam but ratings mean almost nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:46 am 

I think watermarking images is a good idea.
It's not to protect those of us who have posted photos (since on a scam auction of course the owner of the bike isn't involved, and the bike isn't for sale anyway, just it's "image"); it's to protect unsuspecting, ill-informed or naive bidders from bidding, winning, paying, and then being ripped off.
I think Light-Bikes is now automatically watermarking images.
Florian, Martin, Frankie, Nikh: is there a way the administrators could put a nice discreet mark on the images posted on this forum? I mean the photos in the Articles section; if people post directly into the forums I guess it's up to them to watermark....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:56 am 

cadence90 wrote:
I think watermarking images is a good idea.
It's not to protect those of us who have posted photos (since on a scam auction of course the owner of the bike isn't involved, and the bike isn't for sale anyway, just it's "image"); it's to protect unsuspecting, ill-informed or naive bidders from bidding, winning, paying, and then being ripped off.
Florian, Martin, Frankie, Nikh: is there a way the administrators could put a nice discreet mark on the images posted on this forum? I mean the photos in the Articles section; if people post directly into the forums I guess it's up to them to watermark....

Yea i just downloaded a watermarker from www.reasoft.com

it works well
all of my pics i post on here will be watermarked now

jeremyb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:34 am 
Administrator

You are right cadance. This is quite a big concern to us too. We don't want some fools buying a 200 dollar ultra cool bike and lose those 200 bucks.
But on the other hand, a 200 dollar ultegra/ DA bike with a sub 6 k weight is a bit suspicious...

cadence90 wrote:

The watermarking on the images can be easily cut from the picture if you want to. It's only a "this bike is not for sale" sign that is not placed over the bike. (thats because we want to look at all of the nice details)

cadence90 wrote:
Florian, Martin, Frankie, Nikh: is there a way the administrators could put a nice discreet mark on the images posted on this forum?

Yes there is, and Florian is working on it. But it needs quite a bit of HTML editing. This is why it takes a bit long.
Example: When the picture is called with an eBay referer, it shows a "this is most likely a fraud" image instead.

cadence90 wrote:
I mean the photos in the Articles section; if people post directly into the forums I guess it's up to them to watermark....

Yes it is... But I think that those frauds a way to lazy to search our forums.