American Classix Split ring ISIS bottom bracket.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bobalou

by bobalou

Juanmoretime wrote:I just picked up this bottom bracket as a spare to replace my FSA Platinum Ti when it goes south.

Light, American Classic claims 140, my scale says 136. Very smooth feeling bearing and construction seems good. Another big plus is user replacable bearings.

Anybody actually using one? What are your thoughts on this bottom bracket.

Have it installed along with FSA compact crank. Stiff, smooth, no problems whatsoever after about 1000 miles. NOte that for the install you need a special tool, not the typical ISIS tool, and it's not sold by AC.. it's made by Truvativ but don't remember the exact config. of it at this moment.

Maui Mike

by Maui Mike

Juanmoretime wrote:I just picked up this bottom bracket as a spare to replace my FSA Platinum Ti when it goes south.

Light, American Classic claims 140, my scale says 136. Very smooth feeling bearing and construction seems good. Another big plus is user replacable bearings.

Yes I have the same BB and using the FSA superlight cranks with it. No problems yet. I have about 350 mile on it so far. Super light combo.
Maui Mike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

I also use the AC BB with SuperLite cranks......very nice and light!!!

zoey

by zoey

Got any pics? :lol:
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

BikeTech

by BikeTech

This is a nice unit, and I also recommend it. It can be installed with either a Park BBT-8 or Tru-Vative X-Tool. The Park tool is probably the easier of the two to obtain. I have over 1500 miles on the BB thus far.

spytech

by spytech

this is very attractive cromo spindle and replaceable bearings. i was looking at the spada with the scandium spindle. but i really dont trust the scandium for a spindle :roll:

the extra 20 or so grams is not as important as the me having a cromo spindle

jeremyb

by jeremyb

spytech wrote:this is very attractive cromo spindle and replaceable bearings. i was looking at the spada with the scandium spindle. but i really dont trust the scandium for a spindle :roll:

the extra 20 or so grams is not as important as the me having a cromo spindle

where'd you guys buy this at? I looked at the amclassic website and couldnt find them for sale

jeremyb

bobalou

by bobalou

jeremyb wrote:where'd you guys buy this at? I looked at the amclassic website and couldnt find them for sale

jeremyb

I had to wait 3 months for it .. and I checked where I bought it from and appears to be backordered again.

http://www.glorycycles.com/amclisbb.html .. photo doesn't match but it's the same BB.

BikeTech

by BikeTech

Guys, I hate to sound like a pecker here, but the home page of http://www.amclassic.com has an announcement stating the BBs are back in stock. That is of course assuming the announcement is up to date :?:

jeremyb

by jeremyb

yeah i just bought mine through aebike.com and it shipped today. thanks for the tip.

jeremyb

zoey

by zoey

BikeTech wrote:Guys, I hate to sound like a pecker here, but the home page of http://www.amclassic.com has an announcement stating the BBs are back in stock. That is of course assuming the announcement is up to date :?:

No offense taken. :P
Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com