Different brands from different countries

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

In another thread, someone had mentioned a brand as being a small company, because it was not big in their country. A reply came back with it was big in another country

Got me thinking - there must be a lot of great brands of bikes etc that other people in other countries don't know about.

So let's start a list by country of bike brands

I'll start with New Zealand

Avanti - (local division of Specialized)
Lars - MTB freeride
Reiker Cycles - road, mtb
Kiwibikes (jefferson's) MTB, Road, SS
Apollo Bikes (NZ and Australia) MTB, Road

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeremyb

by jeremyb

Well its funny, cause here in America there are so many small bike builders but they dominate a region or a city. Like here in Sacramento, California. There's a local builder Steve Rex and he's very popular for making custom bikes, but i doubt they've heard of him on the east coast or even in southern california. So what im saying is that exists WITHIN a country or even within a state as well.

jeremyb

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

jeremyb wrote:Well its funny, cause here in America there are so many small bike builders but they dominate a region or a city. Like here in Sacramento, California. There's a local builder Steve Rex and he's very popular for making custom bikes, but i doubt they've heard of him on the east coast or even in southern california. So what im saying is that exists WITHIN a country or even within a state as well.

jeremyb

I've heard of him, even been in his shop (and in the back). He's a cool dude.
Ride lightly!

divve

by divve

What I find funny are the differences in market positions and amount of exclusivity certain brands enjoy in Europe compared to the US. For instance Cannondale and Trek are generally considered quite high-end and are very expensive in Europe, especially Cannondale has gone crazy in that area.

Ralphy-boy

by Ralphy-boy

While we're on bike brands and popularity, I just want to know the price of say... the following, in different countries.

Cannondale R2000I
Cannondale R3000I
Trek 5200
Trek 5500

Just a ball park figure. I have placed the prices in Australian $ ball park RRP.

Cannondale R2000I.....$5200 AUD
Cannondale R3000I.....$7500 AUD
Trek 5200....$5200-5400 AUD
Trek 5500....Mid to high $7000

again these are ball park and one shop may have them cheaper than another, however I just want to gauge the prices.

cheers
Ralph

"the older I get, the better I was"