Weight Weenie o/t Year '06 NOMINATIONS 'till 13 Dec. 24h CET

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Koen

by Koen

I'm morely a reader than a poster. but personally I wouldn't vote for zakeen. When he'll turn pro, he probably don't will much time to post on the forum. i think it's better to have an more active WW of the year. I'd choose for zakeen as the 'moral' WW of the year, but my vote goes to LJ
Gewoon bluve goan!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dm69

by dm69

Koen wrote:I'm morely a reader than a poster. but personally I wouldn't vote for zakeen. When he'll turn pro, he probably don't will much time to post on the forum. i think it's better to have an more active WW of the year. I'd choose for zakeen as the 'moral' WW of the year, but my vote goes to LJ

he was a pro in 06 aswell :lol:

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

frenk wrote:To me its a close sprint between Simon and Zakeen.

Great and I cant sprint :lol:
Simon wins by half a bike length, what a race!

Thanks for the kind words. But I think someone else should have the honor. I would love to have it but I come to this forum site for pleasure and try to learn about products because Im interested in them. The only products I know are what I have dealt with on my own, which is no where near to the degree of some of the other members. My time is limited like someone else stated before and I would love to share useful information and great things for next year but what if I dont have time? Just in the recent few weeks I havn't been here as much as I would like to because of my heavy base training, next year could be worse?!?!?! I dont know.

Most importantly joining T-Mobile is not good enough reason alone to be WW of the year.

I think the best way to pick WW of the year would be looking at the nominations posts and if you were to delete all of the post each user, which one would be more of a loss to this site? (that user should be the winner.)

I know thats no me :cry:

So C a s r a n, please dont add me to the list this year.

OLver

by OLver

Tippster wrote:Are we limiting this to "road weenies"? As an initial mtb weenie, who has turned to the "dark side" embracing road weenism - I used to only read the mtb section. This may also be the case for some members only reading the cyclocross section.

I'd suggest if you want a poll from across the site, then mirror this thread in the other sections of this site?

How many "roadies" have read posts from lights_Wod?

I'd say he has been pushing back the boundaries for mtb tuning. Lots of mtb members questioned his sanity in using alu bolts in the stem of his mtb, then he posts pics of him getting several feet of air on the same bike...

some example here:
my my bike sub-6kg
My NeW BiKe...oh Yeah
No Comments=5.886gr
Bike of iago

I agree with you, Iago (light-wods) is a pure WW!
The only problem is that he can't speak english without a translator. But there's no doubt he builds crazy WW bikes and he surely has skills!!

zank

by zank

Simon! :thumbup:

Boogie

by Boogie

My vote goes to Simon

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Hi everybody,

Once again, I'm late to post on an important topic. I'm glad and proud that some members mentionned me for this nomination. I'd love to be at the top of this challenge but I'm afraid some members deserve this title much more than me. Felixor and pk0r are the two guys coming to my mind in first but I certainly forgive a lot of other members!

Cheers.
Adrien.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I'm late joining this topic, and I am not really sure who would be a fitting person to take the crown. Felix is extremely obsessive about the parts that he uses and has an encyclopedic knowledge of components, and is a very good friend now (thanks to this site) but then I could also nominate others for the very same reason.

Generousity and encouraging people to be the best they can in every way is what I have learnt from this forum. All of us have parts and components we don't need, they are just lying around. Give them away! Lee's selfless attitude has encouraged the same in me (I know there are many of us who feel the same) and shown us that it is extremely rewarding to give / buy parts / components and advice to people that we barely know. Nils and Madcow are great contributors, Cyco (for being the latest Mod) and Emmanuel are people who I regularly talk to about parts and advice. Zakeen (more for taking the time to reply to my PMs and those of others than any specific contribution to the forum itself - following signing for T-Mob can you imagine what his PM inbox was like?), C a s r a n also deserves a mention because of his always intelligent postings (if only the same could be said for me). Lardy is getting a mention here too. Most of you wont know him (apart from his being deliberately contrary on any MTB threads I start), but Dave (real name) is a top guy and now a good friend. Specailising in bio mechanics, he gave up hours and hours and hours of his time consulting and making recomendations about by position and the knee problems I was suffering. He didn't know me, but invited me into his house, fed and watered me and showed me some of the finest MTB riding in Wales. Top man. If only the rest of the world was as welcoming as Weenies are?

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Great post Rich! :thumbup: :goodpost:
And thanks for the kind words...

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Oh and I forgot divve again this year.
He has quite a lot of lightweight stuffs and a crazy bike but unfortunately didn't post pictures of them. Perhaps I only missed the posts?

jerk
in the industry

by jerk

Johancoenen wrote:The Jerk for my.

And who said Zakeen is the fastest rider on this forum :twisted: :D

dank u johan!

the jerk will kiss every chicken and put a baby in every pot if elected weight-weenie of the year.

or something like that.

jerk
the jerk is always right!
the jerk thinks your stem is too short!

King Weel

by King Weel

Mmm, This post is in the Road Forum only. Are MTB'ers excluded? Wouldnt it be nice to add a "MTB WW of the Year" competition then?
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

mtbers are included, so please mention them
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Eekz

by Eekz

I vote ME! For finding the black anodized dura ace 8) 8) *lol*

My vote goes to LJ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

King Weel

by King Weel

I would vote for Mads Kock!
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!