Ullrich says Armstrong was bluffing on le mont ventoux tt

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jeremyb

by jeremyb

Saw this in Cyclingnews.com http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /jun28news

"I'm convinced that Lance bluffed on the Mont Ventoux," Ullrich said at a press conference announcing the T-Mobile Tour roster. "Believe me, he's a lot better prepared than he lets on. And [Johan] Bruyneel's comments about his form not being as good don't convince me either. That's Lance's style, to try to fool his rivals."

I agree with Jan.

jeremyb

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

does it really matter either way? The Dauphine is not a gauge of who will win the Tour. In '96, Indurain CRUSHED all before him leading into the Tour and then blew up completely.

Does Mayo stomping Lance on Ventoux mean Mayo will win the Tour? No.

Does Lance "holding back" on the Ventoux mean he will win the Tour? No.

Will we find out in 3 weeks (and change)? yes.

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

I agree with everyone! let the race begin. Everyone is looking great.

I am getting cable just for the month to watch it. Dumb cable company - first month is free, no set up fee, with no commitment! I love commercial competition!

bobalou

by bobalou

jeremyb wrote:Saw this in Cyclingnews.com http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /jun28news

"I'm convinced that Lance bluffed on the Mont Ventoux," Ullrich said at a press conference announcing the T-Mobile Tour roster. "Believe me, he's a lot better prepared than he lets on. And [Johan] Bruyneel's comments about his form not being as good don't convince me either. That's Lance's style, to try to fool his rivals."

I agree with Jan.

jeremyb

Sounds like reverse psychology, psycology! I think that after "the look" Jan has never really called Armstrong's bluff yet. Smart for him to point out publicly what is easy to suspect. 8)

Possibly part of the reason he made tactical errors in last years tour, i.e., not putting time into him after the critical TT stage where lance was weaker, and also attacking too early on the tourmalet on stage 15. I hope Jan runs the best tactical race this time, but it remains to be seen.

Ralphy-boy

by Ralphy-boy

FREE CABLE!!!!!....... man I gotta get me some of that. Pity they don't have offers like that Down Under :-(

cheers
Ralph

"the older I get, the better I was"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

bobalou wrote:Sounds like reverse psychology, psycology! I think that after "the look" Jan has never really called Armstrong's bluff yet. Smart for him to point out publicly what is easy to suspect. 8)

But LA can reverse reverse with the best. He's always in U's head....I have the feeling that this will be the year of "TheLook2"....
I hope to see a super race and "TheOutstretchedHand2". :D
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri