New Lew Wheels coming....880grams

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

airsoft510

by airsoft510

1in20 wrote:Just received a pair. Front was 360g and rear was 508g. Shimano and all black spokes.

Sorry, no pics yet. Damn, Lennard got the light ones :lol:

jbbikerider wrote:Got mine yesterday. My all black campy version weighs 922 grams

we need pics.... im interested to see how they ride..

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

1in20 wrote:Just got to decide between using Veloflex Records or Vittoria Crono CS's. I have a pair of both, just not sure which to go for. The wheels will be only used for special rides or races so would like the best tyres on them. I don't usually get punctures so I am going to risk it a little and run 'light' tubulars. Anybody run both and have an opinion on the difference between the Record and Chrono's?

You can just expect 1500 km with Vittoria crono in rear position. After 1000 km you will have a very bad puncture resistance.

I give up using so narrow tubular because I don't like the feeling with them. I'm now using Dugast silk 22 mm width (242 gr).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

santabarbara

by santabarbara

strobbekoen wrote:They charge 100$ extra for Campy version.
This company gives me bad vibes.
Nothing slick, add it all up and open your wallet wider baby.

Seriously, that is ridiculous. He might make a nice wheel, but that doesn't mean he ought to get away w/ making his market look like a bunch of idiots.

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

If the wheels perform then they will be worth the money to some. I for one am pretty keen to hear jb's ride report.

xpert

by xpert

i would like to see them on test compared to other brands wheels , to new shimano,zipp,easton,corima,campagnolo,lightweight,ada...

lewracingvp
in the industry

by lewracingvp

Lew Racing started to ship product over 3 weeks ago worldwide. I'm certain that there will be many posts online as more endusers start to receive product. I will do my best to help answer and questions or concerns regarding our line of products.

For all of those interested in seeing these up close and personal, Lew Racing will have a booth at the Sea Otter Classic next week.

Best regards,
Lee Vaccaro
VP of Corporate Development
702-205-5766 direct
702-743-5508 office
www.lewracing.com
www.lewaerospace.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Hi Lee,

Again, Sorry I couldn't make it to RedRock Today. I am still on the road.

Absolutely looking forward to a spin.

Charles.

lewracingvp
in the industry

by lewracingvp

PezTech wrote:Hi Lee,

Again, Sorry I couldn't make it to RedRock Today. I am still on the road.

Absolutely looking forward to a spin.

Charles.

No problem. Just keep us posted on your schedule. We've been very busy with some new government UAV contracts as well as the launch of the wheels so it worked out to delay.
Lee Vaccaro
702-205-5766 direct
702-743-5508 office
www.lewracing.com
www.lewaerospace.com

drjones96

by drjones96

lewracingvp wrote:.....We've been very busy with some new government UAV contracts as well as the launch of the wheels so it worked out to delay.

Sorry for the OT question....but which UAV(s)? If it's TS I understand.

lewracingvp
in the industry

by lewracingvp

drjones96 wrote:
lewracingvp wrote:.....We've been very busy with some new government UAV contracts as well as the launch of the wheels so it worked out to delay.

Sorry for the OT question....but which UAV(s)? If it's TS I understand.

All of the publically available information on our UAVs is listed at www.lewaerospace.com
Lee Vaccaro
702-205-5766 direct
702-743-5508 office
www.lewracing.com
www.lewaerospace.com

Skunk

by Skunk

Has anyone done the Red Rock Resort Lew Trial Package? I might do it this fall.

jbbikerider

by jbbikerider

I received my rear wheel today. I will be doing a 75 mile ride tomorrow on the full pair. Weight for the set was 920 grams. Can't wait for Easter brunch to be done. Who care's about homemade eggs benedict. Luckly my wife is a world class chief.

PS Lee from Lew is a first class guy. If their wheels ride as good as Lee is then it will be a world class product.

alienator

by alienator

jbbikerider wrote:I received my rear wheel today. I will be doing a 75 mile ride tomorrow on the full pair. Weight for the set was 920 grams. Can't wait for Easter brunch to be done. Who care's about homemade eggs benedict. Luckly my wife is a world class chief.

PS Lee from Lew is a first class guy. If their wheels ride as good as Lee is then it will be a world class product.

Ride now. We need info. And close up pics. Lots of 'em. Quickly, please. :twinkle:

lewracingvp
in the industry

by lewracingvp

Rob Anderson riding for the AMD Discovery Channel Masters Team soloed from the feed zone in the first lap and rode the next 4 and a half laps on his own to win the Masters race at the Sea Otter Classic. He was ecstatic with his Lew PRO VT-1. Congratulations to Rob from LEW RACING on his victory today.

http://www.lewracing.com/news.html
Lee Vaccaro
702-205-5766 direct
702-743-5508 office
www.lewracing.com
www.lewaerospace.com

col hicks

by col hicks

jbbikerider wrote:I received my rear wheel today. I will be doing a 75 mile ride tomorrow on the full pair. Weight for the set was 920 grams. Can't wait for Easter brunch to be done. Who care's about homemade eggs benedict. Luckly my wife is a world class chief.

well what do they ride like , they look really cool

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com