Dogma FP

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

boyonabike7005

by boyonabike7005

I recently posted this on another site and someone suggested I ask on here. I would be gratefull for any feedback.
My local bike shop which I try to support can get me a deal on last years Pinarello frames. The question is which one. Ideally I want the best possible frame and am not bothered about the rest of it, the frame will be for life and the rest can be upgraded.
The best 'deal' I can get is on the dogma FP, however my concern is the frame is too heavy and as a not overally powerful 70kg rider will I get the most out of it. I can also get a good deal on an opera canova or the F4:14. My questions are these.
1. Has anyone any experience, knowledge or feedback about any of these frames?
2. The dogma FP is more expensive than the Paris, however is it actually a better frame full stop, or is it only better if you are a big sprinter like Pettacci?
Thank you.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

:welcome: boyonabike7005 allow me to introduce you to LJ.....

RTW pages LJ.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Hi boyonabike, and welcome to weenies. I see RTW has roped me into this one so here you go....

My answer would be simple based on the information you have provided. Go with the Paris. The Dogma IMO is the better frame but as you state "its for life" you are far less likely to...

1. Have problems with a Paris. There have been a few Dogma FP's develop some cracks in not so good places...

2. Have problems with b/b compatibility. The Dogma FP uses the m.o.st bottom bracket system and you could run into problems if you were to upgrade parts in the future. You can read about all the trouble I had getting an ISIS Clavicula crank to fit here.

If the Paris is a little on the expensive side, I've heard, but not experienced, that the F4:13 offers a comparable ride but is perhaps a little heavier.

Good luck with whatever you choose.