six16

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Weisse Luft

by Weisse Luft

Wait one second! I didn't mean to imply the CAAD7 Optimo had ANY problem with fatigue. It was at the limits for durability and tube buckling, any thinner to improve ride quality would make it prone to failure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C-40

by C-40

Weisse Luft wrote:Wait one second! I didn't mean to imply the CAAD7 Optimo had ANY problem with fatigue. It was at the limits for durability and tube buckling, any thinner to improve ride quality would make it prone to failure.

The BS way of testing for DURABILITY is to put a product on the market which is not adequately scientifically tested and see what happens and then redesign as required. So it was at its limits- what info do you have???? Or is this carbon thing just the rage?????

Weisse Luft

by Weisse Luft

Cannondale NEVER releases a frame that is untested. C'Dale continues to resist the rear triangle fad because of the engineering knowledge from CAAD 1-7.

This is straight from the sales rep, as eavesdropped by your's truely when the first ones arrived at one of their top stores. I will not name names but this is the truth. Sorry I didn't have my acoustical telescope and tape recorder.

Cannondale is fighting the outsourcing/overseas manufacture of all of their frames. To date, all are still made in Bedford. And I will continue to support them because of that. Might even get a 6-13 frame/fork when they become available and transfer my DA-9. Its lighter than 10 so it should be around 15 pounds AUW.

Superlite

by Superlite

The BS way of testing for DURABILITY is to put a product on the market which is not adequately scientifically tested and see what happens and then redesign as required. So it was at its limits- what info do you have???? Or is this carbon thing just the rage?????

Dude, Cannondale has one of the best, if not the best testing facilities in the industry. They know the limits of thier frames, what they can take, and ho long it can take it.

Cannondale's testing isn't BS, but your post is. :lol:

C-40

by C-40

Dude, Cannondale has one of the best, if not the best testing facilities in the industry. They know the limits of thier frames, what they can take, and ho long it can take it.

Cannondale's testing isn't BS, but your post is. :lol:[/quote]

Dude-
Re-read my post and you will see that I made no accusation about your beloved C-dale- Calm down and only speak of facts not what you do not know............

Superlite

by Superlite

Calm down and only speak of facts not what you do not know............

Um.....

I think I might know a bit more about Cannondale then you. :roll:

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

'Crack 'n fail'

Nuff said, I've seen many of them. :lol:

C-40

by C-40

You mean all of that testing (best in the industry according to some here) and they still crack and fail???? Hmm lets see...... well no wonder they have had severe financial problems..........

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Cannondale's financial problems resulted from the crazy attempt to build a world class motocross bike. The bicycle section is and was highly profitable, especially the road bikes (as there is much less R&D involved compared to MTBs).

C-40

by C-40

So do do they or do they not have cracking problems??????

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Sure they do. But they also have a really smart marketing. :lol:

Weisse Luft

by Weisse Luft

Cracking? Only in crashes or other abuse. Cannondales have consisently been tops in the fatigue life of ANY road bicycle. The ONLY cracking I have heard of involves a series of mountain bikes with faulty glue joints. All of these frames have been recalled and repaired unlike another certain company that made a line of frames patterened after a certain letter of the alphabet between 'x' and 'z').

Any CAAD3 through 7 is going to outlast the components one puts on it.

Superlite

by Superlite

ANd to further back up Weisse Luft, if cannondales have so many problems, then why, unlike almost every other bicycle manufacturer, Cannondale has a LIFETIME WARRENTY on every frame?

If they were as bad as you say I don't think they would want to offer that. Almost no manufacturer can match that. Look at Bianchi, 3 years! :lol:

martin

by martin

Wanna see the first Cannondale ever?

http://www.tourgallerie.de/pics/Rest/Ty ... mFrame.jpg
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff

Xterra Racer

by Xterra Racer

Now that's funny! thin walled aluminum tubing at it's best! I've been wondering what to do with all those old budweiser cans I have lying around.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com