Lightest clip on aerobars?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cmetri

by cmetri

using some old Scott pads, the aluminum carbon wrapped extensions from some circa 2000 projectX bars, and the clamps from a pair of jammers I came up with a set of clip-ons just over 300g.

I wish aerobar manfs would put their stuff on a diet. Cut out all the adjustability and produce multiple sizes. Why a kilo is an acceptable weigh for a one piece aerobar beats me when one can build an entire frame set in that realm.

jeremyb

by jeremyb

cmetri wrote:using some old Scott pads, the aluminum carbon wrapped extensions from some circa 2000 projectX bars, and the clamps from a pair of jammers I came up with a set of clip-ons just over 300g.

I wish aerobar manfs would put their stuff on a diet. Cut out all the adjustability and produce multiple sizes. Why a kilo is an acceptable weigh for a one piece aerobar beats me when one can build an entire frame set in that realm.

Yeah, i've heard that mountain bike handlebars will fit into the Jammers. If the Schmolkes can get theirs down to like 125g----500grams for a shorty aero bar is absurd. I'm surprised that a major component maker (Profile, Syntace, OVAL) havent came out with a super light aero bar.

I just saw the Carbon Profile GT's on www.trisports.com but no weight is listed.

jeremyb

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

willf03

by willf03

These look really light! Doubt that they'll ever see production.
Attachments
17.jpg
11.jpg

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

those look like finalized versions of the extensions they were working on on todays episode of the Lance Chronicals on OLN. There isn't a whole lot to them. The protos were aluminum, but I'll be those are carbon.

bobalou

by bobalou

Oenk wrote:Check out the Schmolke Carbon:
120g-185g

Anybody know the best place to get this setup.. preferably in the U.S. if you know a place. :?:

tobias

by tobias

bobalou wrote:
Oenk wrote:Check out the Schmolke Carbon:

Anybody know the best place to get this setup.. preferably in the U.S. if you know a place. :?:

they´re shipping worldwide! CHECK OUT www.schmolke-carbon.de
(there´s an english section.)
cheers

tobias.
nothing.