Stans no tubes and tire goo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

too slow

by too slow

It seems like I could drop some wieght by lossing my co2 and tail bag. Does anyone run stans or equivalent sealer in their tubes? Will it seal a latex tube? If this stuff works maybe I could run my tubulars on shorter rides.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thepassionofben

by thepassionofben

Even if you were to use Stan's or Pit Stop or something similar, that would be adding rotational weight, which is something that might hinder you more than not having to carry a co2. Just a thought.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Most of those things (from memory) are only rated for a couple of months before the tire/the seal becomes useless :?

But I think someone mentioned when using a Vittoria Pit Stop they only added 11g after repairing a puncture

durarace

by durarace

Also, I know with mountain bike tires, the sealent does not work well if the pressure is higher then 45lbs. If a road tire were to puncture with 115psi, it probably would not seal until the psi was around 45.

too slow

by too slow

Thanks for the help. Too bad it seemed to good to be true. Time to find a mini pump that works.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

durarace wrote:Also, I know with mountain bike tires, the sealent does not work well if the pressure is higher then 45lbs. If a road tire were to puncture with 115psi, it probably would not seal until the psi was around 45.

Things like the Vittoria automatically inflate to 90, is thats a help

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com