HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:15 am 

I've taken a punt and pre-ordered a set. As I'm forking out cash for the things I would personally prefer to wait a little longer and get a more refined version than one which is going to be changed dramatically after the first version.

So what if it takes 6 weeks or two months or however long....... We're not going anywhere and we can still ride our bikes. I'm sure you'll all agree when Cat Claws first came along it didn't matter how long it took them to get to the market place, what did matter was the impact it had on the market.

Quit the complaining, quit the vapourware crap and quit hassling ZG.

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:15 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:01 pm 

spookyload wrote:
I still don't buy the whole human sub thing being more important to him than a huge buisness investment. How much money has he lost since showing the cranks as vaporware at Interbike 2005? A bunch. That isn't how a sane person runs a buisness.

Not everything in life is about money :wink:

I agree with what others have said. I'm sure that 0G wants to get a perfect crank out on the market and personally I don't mind waiting for however long it takes to get them finished the way they want them to be. Designing things myself I know you can sometimes run into unforseen problems that delay the process more then you would like them to, but these things happen and finding a good solution for it is often better then rushing through just to get something finished in time. (look at the original ISIS design)

Ted, take your time for this :thumbup:
The testing crew is happy that you choose us to test them and will wait patiently (but with interest) untill the cranks are ready and I would think that people who already paid for a crankset up front would like you to take your time to get it just right as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:04 pm 

Boonen wrote:

You're obviously not an American :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:53 pm 
Resident Pro

divve wrote:
Boonen wrote:

You're obviously not an American :lol:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:03 pm 

If someone is getting overly frustrated with waiting for the cranks I would be willing to purchase your spot on the waiting list. The risk for me is they may never show up.

eddd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:35 pm 

fffastfaz wrote:

I am sorry, I sort of thought I could speak my mind about things. I am not even a tester, just stating what I see as obvious. If this thread is just a "stroke zero G thread till they come thread" I am mistaken. While I agree his donations to the charity is awesome, I am simply pointing out what I see as a terrible buisness model. While it is true life isn't just about making money, one doesn't start a buisness with the intent of it not succeeding. Take a close look at the definition I used. It fits this product to a tee. Very common in the computer industry, also in the bike industy. Another example is the Sun Rim Limelight. It was about three years before it has hit the market at even the most limited release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:38 pm 

spookyload wrote:
fffastfaz wrote:

I am sorry, I sort of thought I could speak my mind about things. I am not even a tester, just stating what I see as obvious. If this thread is just a "stroke zero G thread till they come thread" I am mistaken. While I agree his donations to the charity is awesome, I am simply pointing out what I see as a terrible buisness model. While it is true life isn't just about making money, one doesn't start a buisness with the intent of it not succeeding. Take a close look at the definition I used. It fits this product to a tee. Very common in the computer industry, also in the bike industy. Another example is the Sun Rim Limelight. It was about three years before it has hit the market at even the most limited release.

Spooky, I have no problem whatsoever in anyone speaking their mind, as I trust you letting me speak mine.

I am also guilty of bumping this thread when there is no need to. But are we really here to discuss how to run a successful bicycle company. I also understood the origin of this thread to be about the ZG Boxer Squad. I'm sure you'll agree, all we want is to see these cranks meet the hype, which by now is enormous.

And if they don't produce a single production model I'm sure the knowledge gained in development will only add to their existing products, which very few people have a problem with.

Whats more is Jesper and Bram are both developing cranks and you don't see them getting hassled about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:41 pm 

True :back2topic:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:11 am 

According to www.xx-light-bikes.de the crankset will be available in the end of January 2007
http://www.xx-light-bikes.de/shop/pd1163346194.htm?categoryId=54

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:12 am 

Lord Vader wrote:
According to www.xx-light-bikes.de the crankset will be available in the end of January 2007
http://www.xx-light-bikes.de/shop/pd1163346194.htm?categoryId=54

at that money i think id rather have the clavicular though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:36 am 

I don't like the clavicula. Very light, but not beautiful. I really like the design of the 0G-crank and will wait for it, as long as it may take (I hope they will be available in April :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:54 am 

Lord Vader wrote:
I don't like the clavicula. Very light, but not beautiful. I really like the design of the 0G-crank and will wait for it, as long as it may take (I hope they will be available in April :D )

Somehow, I am not surprised, that you like cranks that look like something from Star Wars. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:30 pm 

Bigfoot wrote:
Lord Vader wrote:

Somehow, I am not surprised, that you like cranks that look like something from Star Wars. :wink:

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:07 pm 

Anybody heard anything lately (bump :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:38 pm 
WWotY 2007

They will be available for 2008 :)

Post subject:
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:38 pm 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next