Zero G Boxer Squad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eddd

by eddd

If someone is getting overly frustrated with waiting for the cranks I would be willing to purchase your spot on the waiting list. The risk for me is they may never show up.

eddd

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spookyload

by spookyload

fffastfaz wrote:Quit the complaining, quit the vapourware crap and quit hassling ZG.

I am sorry, I sort of thought I could speak my mind about things. I am not even a tester, just stating what I see as obvious. If this thread is just a "stroke zero G thread till they come thread" I am mistaken. While I agree his donations to the charity is awesome, I am simply pointing out what I see as a terrible buisness model. While it is true life isn't just about making money, one doesn't start a buisness with the intent of it not succeeding. Take a close look at the definition I used. It fits this product to a tee. Very common in the computer industry, also in the bike industy. Another example is the Sun Rim Limelight. It was about three years before it has hit the market at even the most limited release.

fffastfaz

by fffastfaz

spookyload wrote:
fffastfaz wrote:Quit the complaining, quit the vapourware crap and quit hassling ZG.

I am sorry, I sort of thought I could speak my mind about things. I am not even a tester, just stating what I see as obvious. If this thread is just a "stroke zero G thread till they come thread" I am mistaken. While I agree his donations to the charity is awesome, I am simply pointing out what I see as a terrible buisness model. While it is true life isn't just about making money, one doesn't start a buisness with the intent of it not succeeding. Take a close look at the definition I used. It fits this product to a tee. Very common in the computer industry, also in the bike industy. Another example is the Sun Rim Limelight. It was about three years before it has hit the market at even the most limited release.

Spooky, I have no problem whatsoever in anyone speaking their mind, as I trust you letting me speak mine.

I am also guilty of bumping this thread when there is no need to. But are we really here to discuss how to run a successful bicycle company. I also understood the origin of this thread to be about the ZG Boxer Squad. I'm sure you'll agree, all we want is to see these cranks meet the hype, which by now is enormous.

And if they don't produce a single production model I'm sure the knowledge gained in development will only add to their existing products, which very few people have a problem with.

Whats more is Jesper and Bram are both developing cranks and you don't see them getting hassled about it.

spookyload

by spookyload

True :back2topic:

Lord Vader

by Lord Vader

According to www.xx-light-bikes.de the crankset will be available in the end of January 2007
http://www.xx-light-bikes.de/shop/pd1163346194.htm?categoryId=54

bissell

by bissell

Lord Vader wrote:According to www.xx-light-bikes.de the crankset will be available in the end of January 2007
http://www.xx-light-bikes.de/shop/pd1163346194.htm?categoryId=54

at that money i think id rather have the clavicular though

Lord Vader

by Lord Vader

I don't like the clavicula. Very light, but not beautiful. I really like the design of the 0G-crank and will wait for it, as long as it may take (I hope they will be available in April :D )

Bigfoot

by Bigfoot

Lord Vader wrote:I don't like the clavicula. Very light, but not beautiful. I really like the design of the 0G-crank and will wait for it, as long as it may take (I hope they will be available in April :D )

Somehow, I am not surprised, that you like cranks that look like something from Star Wars. :wink:

Lord Vader

by Lord Vader

Bigfoot wrote:
Lord Vader wrote:I don't like the clavicula. Very light, but not beautiful. I really like the design of the 0G-crank and will wait for it, as long as it may take (I hope they will be available in April :D )

Somehow, I am not surprised, that you like cranks that look like something from Star Wars. :wink:

ImageImageImage

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

They will be available for 2008 :)

divve

by divve

I find that it depends a lot on the type of bike or frame you're building with. For instance the ZG brakes looked beautiful in my eyes on my SPIN. Same thing for the Clavicula cranks. On the other hand both those components wouldn't look good on my Fondriest.

Lord Vader

by Lord Vader

divve wrote:

I find that it depends a lot on the type of bike or frame you're building with. For instance the ZG brakes looked beautiful in my eyes on my SPIN. Same thing for the Clavicula cranks. On the other hand both those components wouldn't look good on my Fondriest.

Of course it depends on the bike. But I just don't like the shape of the Clavicula, so I think it doesn't fit any bike. But it's just my opinion :D

shinkansen

by shinkansen

Think we'll get them in anodized red in time for Christmas?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Interscope

by Interscope

shinkansen wrote:Think we'll get them in anodized red in time for Christmas?

I heard they were planning on releasing them in red because the timing of the initial crank release will coincide perfectly with NASA's first manned mission to Mars.....

...... in 2012 :P