HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Post subject: Campy Warranty Claim
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:43 am 

Has anyone ever warranty claimed anything from Campy before? I just sent in my 2003 shifters that failed after about 1000 miles (had it for about a year), and I am wondering how long it will take before i get it back. Please share your experience if you have claimed something from them before.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:27 pm 

I think I heard somewhere that it takes a long time. The post was on another forum. I will try to look for it.

Post subject:
Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:27 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:39 pm 

All of the Campagnolo carbon levers that I’ve ever stroked have been super smooth and flawless. Although I do know somebody who got a new set that had quite a few tiny bumps and bubbles similar to what you are describing. If this little flaw really bugs you, then call Campagnolo USA in Carlsbad at (760)931-0106 and the very sweet woman in the warranty dept. will give you a R.A.# and shipping instructions to send in the Ergo unit for warranty replacement. As long as you have a dated receipt showing that this was a retail sale there won’t be a problem with the UK sourcing. In spite of the super friendly service from the Campy folks, rest assured that this will still be a hassle. If your paper work doesn’t get lost, then the part will be on back-order or it will go astray in shipping etc, etc.

This is from www.velonews.com forum in the US. Like it says it takes a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:11 am 

Good luck with the return. Be sure to post the result of your efforts.

For most people, 1000 miles is only 1 months worth of riding. There's no way that part should have broken in such a short time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:02 am 

The levers actually cannot shift (both sides), and I have just sent it back to Campy Italy last monday. However, I didn't get the RA# before i sent it. So hopefully they would still give me the claim. Also, i sent the dated receipt as well.

Will keep everyone posted on the result.

Post subject:
Posted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:02 am 

Post subject: Campa guarantee
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:13 pm 

Best luck for you,

Sent in my Eurus front wheel in august last year. They managed to return in end of april (they rejected an obvious claim!).
These guys only run when they can sell somthing for a lot of cash after that guarantee means buy yourself somthing new.
Hear dreadfull stories of sent in stuff not returning untill after a year with the comment: our factory is closed in august.
If you ever owned a Alfa Romeo, fiat or even Ferrari you probably will get used to this levell of " service", for me I think I never will.