M2 seatpost collar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

00Nick

by 00Nick

I recently saw one online. I am wondering if it is wise for a 170 lbs rider to use this. Also curious as to what size . I think my seatpost is 27.2. CAAD8
A feast is for laughter and wine makes life merry but money is the answer for everything.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mile Ditch

by Mile Ditch

00Nick

by 00Nick

Mile Ditch wrote:31.8

Thanks for the heads up, but is it realiable?
A feast is for laughter and wine makes life merry but money is the answer for everything.

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

I weigh 165-170. I used it on a caad7 frame with a new ultimate aluminum post (awesome post). It was used from January 'till August 13th of this year, when my frame broke. It's wayyy lighter than the overbuilt cannondale clamp. However, it isn't a no-hassle part by any means. At Tour of the Gila, I had the post slip on the roughest-crit-course-of-all-time. At the same tour, in the road race, I remember dropping back to the neutral support 3-4 times to get it right (either it kept coming loose, or the adjustment was made, but it was too high/low). Reallllllly frustrating (especially when considering it had held fine up until this race). Finally, I told the mech to torque that thing so hard that I was sure it'd break...but it didn't...and the post held. It looks really sharp, too, and a pretty economic way to shed some weight. You can try to old-school hairspray trick as well if slippage occurs (though I didn't need to).

cwmak

by cwmak

This could be an isolated incident but i have encounter 2 bikes with broken m2 clamps.

Not sure is it because the mechanic overtighten it or due to bad construct.

All that said i have to agree, it is very light and very sharp looking!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

I've got one on my Synapse clamping an EC90 post, I had some slipping problems untill I used Tacx Dynamic paste. It is worrying when your tightening up the clamp, the bolt is so small I was sure I'd strip the thread, but it held and doesnt slip now.
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

CAADHEAD wrote:I've got one on my Synapse clamping an EC90 post, I had some slipping problems untill I used Tacx Dynamic paste. It is worrying when your tightening up the clamp, the bolt is so small I was sure I'd strip the thread, but it held and doesnt slip now.

I had the same problem- tacx paste or toothpaste (same function- just minty fresh!) and greasing the bolt took care of the problem. Haven't had a single issue w/ it since (over 2500 mi) and I have some pretty poor roads to ride over in my area.

00Nick

by 00Nick

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will be ordering the clamp along with the M2 skewers..... Now where to find the tacx paste?

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

CAADHEAD wrote:I've got one on my Synapse clamping an EC90 post, I had some slipping problems untill I used Tacx Dynamic paste. It is worrying when your tightening up the clamp, the bolt is so small I was sure I'd strip the thread, but it held and doesnt slip now.

Is tacx dynamic paste is the same red product you receive with Syntace stem ?

Tacx dynamic paste is really the same thing then a 'normal' toothpaste ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad