HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:32 pm 

Hi I just bought a Cannondale slice RS, and have yet to receive it. Just wondering from owners, is it possible to fit an internal battery into the seatpost/frame?

Will ilinks fit through the headcap into the steerer tube for brake routing?

Can you show me how those of you that have tidied up your front ends have done it?

ANyone know rim/tyre clearance.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:42 pm 

Not in the seatpost as the RS uses a knife profile seatpost. Also unless they changed the way they wired up Di2 there will be a mess of wiring at the stem. I actually had to send pictures of an RS in my shop to Cannondale techs so they could figure out how to clean up their mess of wires. Cannondale can likely send you the images I sent them. Tire clearance in the frame won't be near the issue as getting larger tires through the brake set. It is a very tight fit. I am not sure about iLinks as there are a couple of hard curves coming from the bottom of the steerer into the brake sets, they supply their own version of a brake cable noodle to get everything to fit, there is not a lot of room inside the steerer tube.

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:12 pm 

Hi. Curious if you got your Slice RS and installed Di2 yet? I'm about to do the same so may run into the same headaches! Thx.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:14 pm 

Yes all installed. Don't think there is anywhere that will take an internal battery. I have the battery under the BB. I have 6870/9070 mix. I am running pro missiles and have all the junction boxes in the extensions of the bars, so there is only one cable leaving the bar/extension setup and entering the frame. The B junction is also in the extensions and I dremeled a window out of the side of an extension so I can see battery level and access the button. I will post photos of my build soon. Its not an easy bike to build.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:59 pm 

Could you not shove the battery in the downtube? That's what I did with my Plasma 3...