FSA team issue question.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I was able to get me a longer than 175 mm FSA team issue crankset directly from FSA since no shop would/could get me one.
Anyway I´m sitting here with the box in my lap and there´s a little sticker on the box that says -10 speed.... In my mind that means it wont fit a 10 speed chain...... That can´t be can it????
It´s supposed to go with a campy record group on my new CR1.
Grateful for any info.

veldt01

by veldt01

No worries. 10 speed campa will work fine (i fitted several 9 speed Team Issue in combination with Campa 10V, even with the 9 speed shimano chain it will work just fine) Worst case scenario is you will have to fit a 10 V 135 mm TA Chainset.

Robert.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Oh Good I was switching to TA anyway but was planning to wear out the FSA chainrings first though. I wonder why it says -10 speed on the box?

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

mrowkoob wrote:Oh Good I was switching to TA anyway but was planning to wear out the FSA chainrings first though. I wonder why it says -10 speed on the box?

Because it is fitted with 10 speed chainrings?
Ride lightly!

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Hmm -10 means that it is?.
Heh maybe I´ll just write FSA and ask them :lol:

veldt01

by veldt01

It's all more or less a marketing thing I ride 8 speeds chainrings on 10 speed without a single problem.
Same goes for loads of other stuff (I usually match 10 speed full titanium cogsets out of 9 speed cogs and they shift just as good as the original 10 speed)
Manufactures just want to sell and Fsa is no exception to this. -10 says it is meant for shimano (up till 2003) When you buy the new 10 speed shimano group they hope you'll buy the same crankset with 10 speed written on the box.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

"Hello David-
10 speed means that it is 100% compatible with your Campy drivetrain.Put them on and enjoy your bike ride!
Cheers,
Erik, FSA"

Phoeew :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TedB

by TedB

mrowkoob wrote:"Hello David-
10 speed means that it is 100% compatible with your Campy drivetrain.Put them on and enjoy your bike ride!
Cheers,
Erik, FSA"

Phoeew :lol:

I can add to that because I'm now using this very same crankset and 2004 Campy Record. I am pleased to report clear weather ahead for you where this arrangement is concerned. Enjoy.