Cannondale: Lost or behind the times?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

I agree that the industry should have a uniform standard - SI cranks!
Considering how much less trouble my SI cranks have been than ISIS and MegaExo (for me) I don't see why a superior system should be abandoned in favour of an inferior but standardised design.

by Weenie

EURO
Banned

by EURO

CounTeR wrote:The Six13 can't be that bad.

I mean, look at this: http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/latest-bikes/road-bike/cannondale/PRD_321143_5668crx.aspx

Road Bike Review should be re-named 'a bunch of people justifying major purchases'.

EURO
Banned

by EURO

I mean, look at this: http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/latest-bikes/road-bike/cannondale/PRD_321143_5668crx.aspx

Road Bike Review should be re-named 'a bunch of people justifying major purchases'.

cswi9367

by cswi9367

[quote="EURO]Road Bike Review should be re-named 'a bunch of people justifying major purchases'.[/quote]

this, is correct. RBReview is wasteless.

CounTeR

by CounTeR

EURO wrote:

Thanks, Euro.

Nice double post.
Everything else is Fascist.

divve

by divve

The forum itself is pretty good though. There are a few very knowledgeable people there with extensive experience.

saletel

by saletel

cswi9367 wrote:SI things are great, but when you want to upgrade in time or make changes...proprietary parts are awful. in other words, they have you by the balls. unfortunately.

having said that, i dont know anyone who complains about SI cranks or Headsets either, im just a big industry standard pushing type of guy.

also, ive seen the carbon rush, rode one last night. still...think their MTB line is falling. i used to ride cannondale.

you can get a sleeve to convert your bb to standard english. the deal is removable with aluminum frames, permanent on the synapse.

and on their cranks. the carbon ones suck sorry, just FSA making them so cannondale can push their bikes as having an SI BB. cheaper and heavier then the alloys.

specialized has their own OS bb setup and guess what the guy who designed that used to work at cannondale. uses same BB bearing arrangement (c-clips, shell diameter) not sure about spindle. but it took ~6 years for a good alternative to Cannondales cranks to come out. 6 years to make something lighter and stiffer. (edit yes i know for standard BB you can get lighter stuff, but the actual purchase of the welds on a smaller BB shell is a limiting factor more weld surface area more area to transmit forces, we've OS'd everything on bikes so far but reluctant to change the BB shell)

i like my caad 8 with the hollowgramSI cranks. bearings last. way better then the outboard bearing designs. i would like a tarmac SL with the s-works cranks on them however.

Pantani

by Pantani

At least they're better than Trek.