Ambrosio Crono f.20 tubular rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I am thinking of having a wheelset built with these instead of the reflex tubs which I have used for a long time. I am considering this mainly to get the lower weight.

I am curious about their durability and their robustness at 340g. I am about 165lbs and kind on wheels. The other bits would be DT 240s hubs and DT supercomp trip-butted spokes with brass nips.

Are these rims decent enough to forsake my usual Reflex?!?

Joel

by Joel

Never ridden Reflex, but if properly built they are for the front wheel very strong, the rear wheel maybe a bit less, but last year I weighed 60kg and I rode them on cobblestones too (36hole, but 32 is also possible). 28 is maybe a bit less for rough roads.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

I have a 28h pair built two years ago on the same hubs, using DT Revolutions (Competition spokes on gear side rear). They have held up well and been very nice wheels to ride. I actually bought the components to build a second pair, and it's only the availability of lighter hubs and rims that stopped me doing so (they are listed in the for sale section).
Ride lightly!

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

What lighter rims and hubs are you using now?

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

BdaGhisallo wrote:What lighter rims and hubs are you using now?

Spada hubs with Wolber Profil A rims.
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HakeemT

by HakeemT

I have a pair of Crono F20 (28 hole) with Dura-Ace hubs and Sapim Race spokes. I wanted to build them up with CX-Ray spokes and lighter hubs, but I got a nice deal on the DA hubs and Race spokes so I settled for them. Front and rear wheel are laced 2x.
I weigh 72kg and use them for all types of races. They hold up as well on cobblestones as they do during sprinting or climbing. I've been only using them from the start of this season (end of february), and they seem to hold up very, very well.
This is the best 'standard' wheelset I've ever ridden.
Attachments
P1010008 (Large).JPG