Litespeed Ghisallo or Colnago Extreme C

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mr. Moots

by Mr. Moots

I dig a somewhat classic italian frame OR a nice titaniumframe. Both of them have to be light and classy. Until know I can not decide wether I should go for the heavier, but more classy looking Extreme (with vertical toptube) or the incredibly light but funny looking Ghisallo.

While I´m at it: Can anybody confirm the use of a titanium bottom bracket insert in the Extreme (like in the C50)?

Best regards and goodnight

Martin

c50jim

by c50jim

With a name like Mr. Moots, why are you thinking Litespeed? A Moots SL would have much nicer welding and finish than the Ghisallo.

Between these two, I'd go for the Colnago. However, there is no real comparison between them. The finish will be different - Euroflash vs. industrial welds - the ride will be different - I've never really thought that titanium is as smooth as carbon.

And yes, there are a host of other alternatives. If you want to look at American carbon, how about Parlee, Crumpton or Ruegamer?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr. Moots

by Mr. Moots

I sold my Moots Vamoots 6 month ago because I was heading away from roadbikes. Know that I´m heading back again I aim for a much lighter frame than what Moots produces.

Regards

Martin

Rue

by Rue

c50jim wrote:With a name like Mr. Moots, why are you thinking Litespeed? A Moots SL would have much nicer welding and finish than the Ghisallo.

Between these two, I'd go for the Colnago. However, there is no real comparison between them. The finish will be different - Euroflash vs. industrial welds - the ride will be different - I've never really thought that titanium is as smooth as carbon.

And yes, there are a host of other alternatives. If you want to look at American carbon, how about Parlee, Crumpton or Ruegamer?

I can tell you that both of these are still a bit on the heavy side...... :D
How about 720g? :wink:
ruesports.com
We can build, repair and paint almost anything carbon!

Mr. Moots

by Mr. Moots

That would then be which frame????

Of course, weight is not the only thing that matters. I also want a nice looking frame with lots of flair.

kgt

by kgt

since you cannot decide between a colnago and a litespeed go for the litespeed. Colnago are among the few brands that you buy due to desire not by comparison :wink:

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Moots - rue' s just started building a frame which starts at around 720g. Do a search for his post about it, was about 2 weeks ago

Rue

by Rue

Mr. Moots wrote:That would then be which frame????

Of course, weight is not the only thing that matters. I also want a nice looking frame with lots of flair.

Why it's one of mine, of course!

Keep in mind that this was for me so the seattube is long and the top tube is really sloping. Some may like this look and others may prefer a more traditional look.
It's all up to the owner!
The bb is integrated into the frame so if you use an FSA, Shimano, THM or whoever, as long as it's an external bearing it will be made to fit.
The only metal in this frame is just the dropouts!

This "paint job" is actually an absence of paint. These is only the lettering and that's it. If you like a bit more flash just dream it up and I can do it :wink:

Making it look cool while having fun, that's what it's all about! :thumbup:
Attachments
uberlightbb ps.jpg
Uberlight seat cluster ps.jpg
Uberlight ps.jpg
ruesports.com
We can build, repair and paint almost anything carbon!

Herbert

by Herbert

Martin,
I would really say try to ride either and then make your judgment. If you don't have a dealer near you that allows that or has them not in stock, you can typically coax an owner of either bike to let you ride theirs.

Good luck with your hunt.

Herbert
Litespeed
www.litespeed.com

Amadeus

by Amadeus

Well the RUE wins the race of the grams....

But if you are looking for a light, stylish and classy frame ...and Italian.
Why not a GIOS new carbon ultra?

I ride it and I like it!
My bike is Italian so it is Nervosa and of course has Anorexia I like them thin!
GIOS "New" Carbon Ultra 2006 Campa Record+Special parts.
GIOS "New" A90 2008 Campa Record+Special parts. My winter and vacation bike.

carlos

by carlos

kgt wrote:since you cannot decide between a colnago and a litespeed go for the litespeed. Colnago are among the few brands that you buy due to desire not by comparison :wink:

just like all top bikes like pinarello, look, litespeed, moots, if, crumptum, parlee... its not all about performance dude.. :wink:
hey
ho
lets go!

WannaBeSTi

by WannaBeSTi

If you'd asked this question a month ago, I'd said to go with the Colnago, however, I'd say now to go with the Ghisallo. The '06 Ghisallos are way beyond the previous models. I used to think they were too flexy, but now that I have spent some time on one, I like them.

Even on pure exclusivity I'd pick the Ghisallo. Around here Litespeeds are everywhere (I'm in Litespeeds back door) and Colnagos are rare...

Further more, Ti is for life. Carbon can't be repaired like Ti can.

Herbert, are you listening...
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves a little less seriously.